This is a management position that provides leadership to the Audit Department of World Vision Somalia.
In particular, the incumbent plays an advisory and consulting role to the WV Somalia Senior Leadership and Senior Management Teams. This advisory role includes but is not limited to providing advice on risk management, internal controls systems and their impact on the operations of the organization.
· Provide technical guidance and direction in the Annual Audit Planning Process and compile draft audit plans for discussion, review and approval by the Regional Audit Director (RAD) and WV Somalia Leadership Team (SLT).
· Advice WV Somalia SLT on the formulation of risk management strategies and policies and all operations areas of the organization with a view of ensuring all management policies adequately mitigate the risks identified – this role will not include the development of the actual policies and systems.
· Foster effective engagement with the WV Somalia SLT on the performance of the Audit Function.
People Management and capacity building
· Ensure effective performance management for the Internal Auditor (direct report).
· Participate in recruitment of audit staff as required.
· Provide capacity building to WV Somalia SLT and Management regarding the role of Internal Audit in Risk management and in the WV Risk-based integrated audit approach from time to time.
· Ensure continuous professional development for the Audit Team (comprising of self and the Internal Auditor) either as individuals or as a team by facilitating their attendance at professional seminars and trainings.
· Ensure adequate capacity building of the Audit team on operational and financial innovations and new initiatives for effective audit assurance.
· Perform quality reviews of audit assignments and provide guidance to the Internal Auditor
· Develop a system to ensure the quality of work done by the Internal Auditor is reviewed and appraised and corrective action taken when necessary.
· Ensure timely issue of audit reports, audit performance and trends of the National Office to WV Somalia SLT.
· Provide quarterly reports to the RAD regarding the execution and accomplishment of the Annual Audit Plan, and other reporting requirements as may be requested from time to time.
· Guide and supervise the Internal Auditor in executing Risk-based Integrated Audits (RBIAs) of the National Office (NO) in accordance with stipulated auditing standards (IIA, WV Global Internal Audit) as will be planned at the start of each FY.
· Lead in participating in audits of the NO as may be planned by WV GIA.
· Provide technical support to WV Somalia SLT and Management in preparing for NO audits, as well as ensuring timely follow up of audit implementation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Bachelor Degree in Commerce, Accounting/Business Management/Finance. A post-graduate degree in Management/Finance will be an added advantage.
CPA (K) or ACCA with an up-to-date membership status. Professional memberships in CIA/CISA/CFE preferred.
Prior working experience in audit (Public or private) of not less than five years in a recognized organization, two of which should be at a senior supervisory level. Experience in accredited audit firms and/or in a Non-Governmental organization will be an added advantage.
Working experience with personal computing, email and general office productivity software (Microsoft Office Suite).
The incumbent should be honest and hardworking. Should have experience in dealing with management at a senior level and be disciplined leader. Experience in a multicultural setting is highly desirable.
Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions
Working Environment / Conditions:
Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field