Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent, medical, emergency relief organisation that provides assistance to people worldwide, regardless of their background, religion or political convictions. Above all, we aim to save lives and to offer medical care to victims of disasters, wars and epidemics. Working together with local staff, we give direct support to the population. MSF also appeals to those in power, including governments and international organisations, and speaks out about the abuses we encounter in the course of our work.
MSF coordinates operations through collaborations between global offices. ‘Artsen zonder Grenzen Nederland’ (MSF-Holland) has a partnership with offices in the UK and Germany. This partnership, known as ‘MSF Operational Centre Amsterdam’ (MSF-OCA), operates medical humanitarian interventions in about 25 countries. Annually, MSF-OCA deploys approximately 1,100 international staff and employs 7,000 national staff.
The office of MSF-Holland located in Amsterdam hosts approximately 250 employees, offering direct support to MSF-OCA operations.
We are looking for a
ICT Field Advisor (100%)
Based in Amsterdam
Within this role you will give advice and support to Operations and colleagues in various departments on Field ICT issues and recommendations. You will work in a team of IT and Field advisors that focuses on field ICT support. You will report to the Service Delivery Manager in the Amsterdam ICT department.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
· To provide second line ICT support to Field Operations;
· To functionally manage Field ICT officers;
· To promote a vision of field ICT expertise;
· To contribute to the development our IT Field knowledge base and improvement of our best practices;
· To initiate / perform research and analyses of IT developments;
· To propose and give advice on intra-disciplinary and inter-disciplinary activities
· To initiate change and maintain an integral and coherent policy of field ICT while developing guidelines, protocols etc. to support it;
· To assist HRM in the maintaining of the pool of specialised field ICT officers;
· To facilitate the ICT training of Field ICT officers and logisticians and the development of ICT knowledge transfer material;
· Is available for (short) field deployment on technical and / or emergency assignments.
· You have a Masters or Bachelors degree in computer science or related field;
At least 5 -10 years of experience in IT support;
· If you have had experience within MSF or another humanitarian organization this will be considered an asset;
· Fluent in English, written and spoken;
· You have knowledge and experience with the following technical areas:
o Active Directory;
o Microsoft exchange
o VOIP and Video Conference;
o Network Administration;
o Smartphone Devices;
o Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager and
o Imagine (Acronis, Ghost)
· If you have knowledge and experience with Virtualization, CCNA, VBA and Powershell this will be considered as an asset.
· A challenging and exciting position in an international environment
· Opportunity to experience the dynamics of a globally operating, leading humanitarian healthcare organization
· A fixed term contract for one year with the possibility of an extension.
· A gross monthly salary between € 2,650 and € 3,786 depending on professional experience (based on 40 hours/week)