Reporting to Audit Manager, the job holder will be required to provide independent and objective assurance on the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes to add value and improve organization’s operations.
- Contribute in conducting risk assessment for, and the development of annual internal audit plans for assigned audit assignments
- Perform audit procedures to give assurance on effectiveness and efficiency of control environment, and compliance to KCB Group policies and Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) Prudential guidelines.
- Review and evaluate the systems of internal controls and assess their adequacy and effectiveness in management of risks
- Documents the results of audit work in accordance with internal audit guidelines and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards.
- Review and evaluate the system of internal controls and assess their adequacy and effectiveness and propose value adding recommendations for improvements.
- Document findings and communications on the results of work performed, for review by the Audit manager.
- Implementing / managing a process framework and governance on enterprise level
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in LLB or Business Related field from a university recognized by Commission for University Education.
- Possession of CPA/ACCA, ACI and CIA/CISA/ACIB qualification is an added
- Diploma in Law for the Kenya School of Law is an added advantage.
- Master degree is an added advantage
- Proficiency in the use of audit management software e.g. TeamMate
- A minimum 4 Years’ experience covering 2 years in Internal Audit and 2 years in Credit, Treasury and/or Legal Audit.
- Appreciation of Banking regulatory framework and internal policies.
- Knowledge of Audit Standards.
- Appreciation of the Bank’s Credit and Treasury products and services.
- Customer Service Skills
- Demonstrate leadership ability capacity.
- Strong Business and Financial Analytical skills.
- Superior communication and inter-personal skills, including report writing and presentation skills.
- Effective planning, organizing and problem solving skills.
The above position is demanding for which the bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidates. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level e-mail and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to email@example.com
To be considered your application must be received by May 13, 2016.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
JOB REF: AUD 04/2016