Reporting to the Head, Market Risk, the Jobholder is responsible for analysis and reporting of market risks at the business unit level in Treasury.
- Limit monitoring against set and approved limits on a timely basis (Liquidity, Loan to Deposit, interest rate and Counterparty Credit Limits) including investigation and reporting/escalation of limit excesses to senior management.
- Support the MTM process by ensuring that the MTM sources are updated and reflective of market rates/prices (mainly yield curve building and fx rate sourcing.
- Maintenance of the Treasury Front office and Market risk system, Kplus
- Validate Treasury P&L in Kplus system.
- Treasury fixed income management- Periodical reconciliation of Treasury Bond and MM positions, investment policy monitoring including reporting on performance
- Investigate and report fixed income transactions to ensure within the off-market rates, in line with strategy and within stop loss limits.
- Gathering data to use in review of MRM policies and stress testing and scenario analysis
- Initiate VaR Validation, Risk vs Return analysis and operationalize backtesting
- Deposit modelling and liquidity gap limit development and monitoring
- Perform stress testing on Tresury FX forward and FX swap portfolio and liquidity
- University Degree in Business related field such as economics, finance, accounting from a recognized university
- Professional qualifications in ACI/APRM/CRA/PRM/FRM is required
- Master’s degree in a relevant field is an added advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience in market risk management that should include:
- Experience in Limit setting, Monitoring and Reporting against
- Experience in risk and financial analysis
- Experience in risk and P&L calculation monitored against limits/reconciliation
- Experience in AML reporting
- Demonstrable understanding of business fundamentals and the financial services industry.
- Must have awareness of current business trend, risks, challenges and opportunities.
- Demonstrable competence in Spreadsheet manipulation and analysis as well as data base management skills.
- Demonstrable problem solving, report-writing and presentation skills.
- High Interpersonal skills with the ability to articulate and communicate own ideas and those of others.
The above positions are demanding roles which the Bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidates. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to email@example.com.
To be considered your application must be received by May 6, 2016.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
JOB REF: Risk 02/2016