The World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking to fill an internship position under the Talent Deployment and Career Management Branch of the Human Resources Division. The position will be based at our Headquarters in Rome, Italy. The Internship will be for an initial period of 3 months starting from July 2016.
The selected candidate will be assisting the WFP Talent Deployment and Career Management Branch with the following key duties:
· Prepare relevant and effective corporate documentation, communications materials, PowerPoints and any other written documents that are needed for communications and change management efforts of the branch. In particular, use PowerPoint as a primary medium to share information and influence decision makers.
· Conduct research and provide insights and recommendations to the team in talent management practices and approaches. Support the team in the necessary work to implement changes to practices and systems, which complements the work of the branch in implementing talent management solutions.
· Use data, data management, data visualisation and reporting techniques in Excel, as well as basic statistical analysis to support the team in reporting on outcomes of talent management projects, and identifying and implementing talent management solutions based on this data.
· Research and recommend innovative practices that the team could incorporate into talent management projects and outcomes for our stakeholders, which may include new ways of communicating, new tools, social platforms or ways of networking with HR field and HQ HR colleagues.
· Support the team where required in updating the branch’s website.
· Perform any other duties as required.
Currently enrolled and have attended University courses in the last 12 months inclusive of having completed at least two years of undergraduate studies or have recently graduated in the last 12 months in Human Resources, Organisational Development or Business with a major in Human Resources, or related field;
· Strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel and, Power Point;
· Fluent in English
· Graphic design skills highly desirable
Terms and Conditions
· Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of US$700 per month depending on the duty station of assignment.
· WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, travel to and from WFP internship location, necessary visas and costs related.
Step 2: Click on the hyperlink to view the current opening(s) and “Apply” to submit your application(s).
NOTE: You must complete Step 2 in order for your application to be considered for this Internship.
Deadline for applications: 21 June 2016
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status. Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are encouraged to apply.