Tanzania Electric-Supply Company (TANESO» is focusing on increasing the outreach, , and service quality of its Energy products for Tanzanians. Next to its current passion as a leading provider of electricity is to, be, more efficient customer focused utility for Tanzania and beyond: the company has the largest electricity generation, transmission, and distribution network in Tanzania. In order to reach its goals, the Company is investing heavily in its generation, transmission and distribution network, its business systems and human capital, T ANESCO now invites applicants .who are self-motivated; honest, hardworking and committed individuals to fin the under-mentioned positions for Transmission Business Unit at Head Office and Upcountry, Women are encouraged to apply
Specific attributes for the Positions to be filled:
All Candidates must:
Demonstrate understanding performance track record;
Be Fresh Graduate with at least 1 year Working experience as an added advantage.
Demonstrate highest degree of integrity;
Possess good communication and interpersonal skills;
Be self-driven and capable of working with minimal supervision;
Be capable of delivering expected results and ability to work under pressure with light deadlines,
Must be computer literate,
Transmission Engineer Trainees - 09 POSTS:
(Transmission lines. Protections and Heavy Current sections)
Reports To: Principal Transmission Engineer
REF. NO. 01
Responsible for all Transmission Department works comprising Protections/Heavy Current/Transmission Lines, in order, to maintain reliability and quality of power supply to dispatching centers and advice on safe, efficient, effective and economic solutions to improve infrastructure of the National Grid,
• Plan, monitor and control regional repair and maintenance activities within area of transmission line boundaries in order to ensure the most effective utilization of resources and the achievement of objectives and targets and that the works are done in line with the best standards and practices in the industry,
• Establish a functional approach to attend emergency troubleshooting works to ensure power restoration in the shortest possible time in event of severe system faults,
• To carry out regular inventory, control and monitoring of tools and equipment including vehicles to ensure their rational utility and availability and that spares parts for transmission lines, maintenance are always available
• Provide technical advice on losses reduction to ensure grid network sustainability.
• To test and maintain protective relaying and control devices in the grid, distribution and isolated networks, according to preventive maintenance schedule to ensure that all device are healthy and functioning reliably
• To liaise with other company departments involved in planning and designing to ensure that the protection philosophy is maintained,
• To oversee, and participate in commissioning of substations and power station equipment.
Bachelor of', Science' Degree in Electrical/ Civil/Electrical &Electronic, Electromechanical, Industrial Engineering and Management or equivalent qualification from any relevant Institutions.
Must be registered by Engineers Registration Board
An attractive compensation package based on performance and commensurate with the responsibility will apply to successful candidates.
Interested Tanzanians should apply by sending an application letter, clearly stating why you "should be considered for the position and how you will add value to our company. The' application letters should be enclosed with a concise Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of relevant certificates including three (3) referees.
Application close date 10th May, 2016 and all applications should be addressed to: SENIOR MANAGER HUMAN RESOURCES, T ANESCO LTD UMEME PARK, P. 0 BOX 9024, DAR ES SALAAM