FUNDACION PARAGUAYA DE COOPERACION Y DESARROLLO
Financially Self-Sufficient Schools in Tanzania: Overcoming Poverty through Learning by Doing, Earning and Saving
PROJECT MANAGER AND TECHNICAL ADVISOR
The Fundación Paraguaya (FP) is a financially solid, well-managed social enterprise based in Asunción, Paraguay (South America), whose mission is to develop innovative solutions to poverty and unemployment in Paraguay and proactively disseminate them around the world. The FP currently runs four schools in Paraguay which follow the Financially Self -Sufficient School model and has implemented 40 student cooperative programs. It is also providing technical assistance to other schools in Latin America and Africa which are adopting the FSS School model. This initiative is a stepping stone for scaling up the model across sub-Saharan Africa.
In July 2011, the Fundación Paraguaya de Cooperación y Desarrollo entered into a partnership with The MasterCard Foundation (MCF) to implement a project entitled Financially Self -Sufficient Schools in Tanzania: Overcoming Poverty through Learning by Doing, Earning and Saving.
This project enables the FP – and its sister institution Teach A Man To Fish (TAM2F) -- to replicate its successful Financially Self-Sufficient (FSS) School model in 5 non-profit, non-government Tanzanian secondary schools serving low-income rural and semi-rural youth ages 14-20. It will also allow the FP to implement a “lighter touch” program of student cooperatives in 20 government-run schools, so as to introduce elements of the “learning by doing, while saving and earning” approach, improve student outcomes in public schools, and open the door to broader cooperation with government schools.
B. General Objective of the Position:
The Project Manager and Technical Advisor position is a long-term professional position based in Tanzania. He/She will lead the planning and implementation of the project, oversee all aspects of the program, including programmatic, financial, administrative, and personnel. He/she is responsible for achieving project development, implementation, monitoring and reporting as well as representing the project in Tanzania and beyond. The Project Manager and Technical Advisor is also responsible of developing and maintaining excellent work relationships with The MasterCard Foundation, the FP and local and international partners and counterparts.
sow project manager tanzania.doc July 16, 2012
C. Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensure operational and program integrity.
2. Plan, coordinate, supervise and monitor project activities.
3. Manage, oversee and report on Project Activities in Tanzania.
4. Contribute to the design and implementation of the Monitoring and Evaluation System and ensure that all activities performed in country are monitored and evaluated.
5. Finalize outstanding project start-up activities.
6. Maintain fluid exchange of information with the University of Minnesota M&E team and ensure implementation of these activities.
7. Serve as key liaison to the home office.
8. Liaison with other donors and implementing partners in Tanzania.
9. Directly supervise, train and evaluate office support staff.
10. Work closely with the project Accountant to design and implement project accounting/financial reporting systems
11. Collaborate with the home office project management unit to monitor FP contract compliance
12. Ensure that the Project offices operate at all times in accordance with FP Rules and Regulations and with Tanzanian legislation.
13. Support the preparation of reports for FP and The MasterCard Foundation .
14. Supervise the coordination of in-country logistics, including transportation and lodging arrangements for meetings, workshops, conferences and short-term personnel.
15. Oversee purchases of office equipment and supplies, as well as general office operations and maintenances.
16. Maintain tracking systems for procurement, publications, project inventory, action memos, approvals and other administrative tasks.
17. Orient short-term consultants on field office procedures
18. Oversee maintenance of the project’s filing system
19. Manage personnel issues, including preparation of employment agreements, determination and administration of employee benefits and allowances, dispensation of payment to local consultants, etc.
20. Travel to cities outside of the project site as necessary to make arrangements for project activities.
21. Assist in recruitment of project staff and short-term local consultants, as needed.
22. Manage and oversee all local contracts, sub-contracts and other agreements, including lease, insurance and other agreements.
23. Represent the project as directed by the General Manager of FP.
24. Other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
D. Qualifications and Experience:
1. University Degree in a relevant field
2. Minimum of 5 years experience in office administration and operations
3. Minimum 5 years of experience in the implementation of development projects in Africa. Experience in Tanzania is highly desirable
4. Fluency in speaking, reading and writing English
5. Strong attention to detail
sow project manager tanzania.doc July 16, 2012
6. Strong organizational and prioritization skills
7. Ability to work and lead teams of different background and preparation
8. Strong computer spreadsheet, work processing and internet skills
C. Related Requirements:
1. Ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with fellow Fundacion Paraguaya staff, implementing and cooperating partners, and relevant NGOs and government agencies.
2. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to be able to accept and discharge substantial responsibilities, to prioritize work assignments, to meet deadlines, and to exercise professional judgment.
3. Willingness to learn FP rules, regulations and procedures.
4. The Project Manager and Technical Advisor Coordinator will be required to travel to Dar el Salaam and Njombe as well as to other parts of the country and/or overseas, including Paraguay.
E. Reporting Responsibility:
The Project Manager and Technical Advisor will report to the Fundacion Paraguaya General Manager or his Designee.
F. Place of Duty
The designated place of Duty is Morogoro, Tanzania.
G. Application Instructions
Interested and qualified candidates should email firstname.lastname@example.org the following:
ii) a one-page letter explaining interest in job, and
iii) the names and addresses of three reliable referees.
The subject line of the e-mail should read: Project Manager Applicant: [Your Name]
Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please do NOT send certificates; only CV and letter.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday, August 21, 2012 at 5 pm
PROJECT MANAGER AND TECHNICAL ADVISOR , TANZANIA
FUNDACION PARAGUAYA DE COOPERACION Y DESARROLLO
My Blog List
Market Intelligence Analyst - International Post Corporation - About the International Post Corporation International Post Corporation (IPC) is the leading service provider of the global postal industry that provides l...1 day ago
- ► 2016
- ► 2015
- ► 2014
- ► 2013
08/05 - 08/12
- African Wildlife Foundation Jobs August 2012
- Donor Research Officer AWF
- Flight Procedures Design Expert
- Flight Operations Inspector (from CAA/DGCA)
- Flight Operations Expert
- Dangerous Goods ExperT
- CNS/ATM Implementation Planning/Training Expert
- CNS Systems Engineering Expert
- Library Sciences Expert
- Civil Aviation Human Resources Expert
- Director of Civil Aviation
- Civil Aviation Adviser
- Civil Aviation Administration Structure Expert
- Personnel Licensing Expert
- Aviation Medicine Expert
- National CAA Financial Operations Expert
- Resident Macro-Fiscal Advisor, AFRITAC South, Port...
- Resident Advisor to the Central Bank of South Suda...
- FINCA UGANDA JOBS AUGUST 2012
- FINCA TANZANIA JOBS AUGUST 2012
- Research Coordinator - HJF , Tanzania
- AU/IBAR Monitoring and Evaluation Expert
- Knowledge Management Programme Officer , AU/IBAR K...
- Consultancy : Hygiene and Nutrition for the Child ...
- AVIS DE VACANCE DE POSTE : Responsable de la Gesti...
- AVIS DE VACANCE DE POSTE : Expert en Suivi et Eval...
- JaRco Consulting Program Coordinator in Ethiopia
- Consultant Development of Nutrition Survey Data An...
- National Professional officer - Mogadishu / Hargei...
- Support and Assistance To Indigenous Implementing ...
- Communications Expert : SUWASA Kenya
- UNICEF RWANDA consultancy on Capacity Building in ...
- ACTED Finance, Logistics, & Administration Officer...
- Trade, Finance & Agricultural Specialists
- Deputy Country Director - Action Against Hunger-US...
- Senior Manager, Malaria Financing - Kenya
- Monitoring & Evaluation / Senior Statistician : Ki...
- Community Driven Recovery and Development (CDRD) C...
- Danish Refugee Council Livelihoods Officer
- Danish Refugee Council NFI Shelter Officer
- Project and Organisational Development Adviser , H...
- Finance and Administration Coordinator , Angola
- Field Manager / Emergency Team Leader – Upper Nile...
- Emergency Preparedness and Response Manager Save t...
- Emergency Coordinator Save the Children Juba , Sou...
- DCR Project Manager Save the Children Maiwut
- Deputy Director, Logistics(Procurement) Save the C...
- Education Advisor Save the Children South Sudan
- WWF Tanzania PROGRAMME ACCOUNTANTS
- WWF PROJECT EXECUTANT, CBNRM MPANDA
- Associates Programme East Africa - United Kingdom,...
- CHEMONICS technical advisors
- Employee Relations Specialist - Finca , Tanzania
- Africa Regional Auditor
- Article Writer / Social Media Manager
- Web / Graphic Designer
- Network Engineer
- Marketing Manager
- Sales Executives
- Associate Account Director - Qualitative Research ...
- Assistant Campaign Organizer
- Radio News Reporters
- Rongo University College Jobs August 2012
- Deputy Vice Chancellor International University of...
- International University of East Africa teaching s...
- Coffee Board of Kenya Jobs August 2012
- Kenya Wildlife Service Jobs August 2012
- BioBank Manager
- ICT Projects Manager
- Assistant Research Officer or Research Officer
- Occupational Health Nurse
- Post Doctoral Research Assistant - Molecular Virol...
- Clearing & Forwarding Supervisor
- Head of School - Media Arts & Design
- Regional Security Operations Manager African Barr...
- Personnel and Administrative Officer TAC Associat...
- TPC JOBS AUGUST 2012
- Accountant AccessBank Tanzania
- Program Manager Aga Khan Foundation – Mtwara, Tan...
- Maintenance Foreman (Power Generation) US Embassy...
- HOSPITALITY JOBS IN ZANZIBAR
- Director, Northern Uganda Youth Development Centre...
- Loans Officers (Accounts Relations Officers) FINCA...
- KYAMBOGO UNIVERSITY JOBS AT FACULTY OF ENGINEERING...
- Kyambogo University TEACHING ASSISTANTS
- Principal Qualifications Officer (Occupational Sta...
- Senior Qualifications Officer (Training Modules De...
- Senior Qualifications Officer (Occupational Standa...
- Qualifications Officer (Occupational Profile Devel...
- Qualifications Officer (Certification Research)
- Qualifications Officer (Assessment and Certificati...
- Senior Procurement Assistant (SPA) - The World Foo...
- HIV/AIDS NUTRITION TECHNICAL ADVISOR ( University ...
- SAFE MALE MEDICAL CIRCUMCISION TECHNICAL ADVISOR (...
- Commodity Manager - World Vision Uganda
- GENERAL LEDGER ACCOUNTANT - CNOOC Uganda Limited
- ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ACCOUNTANT - CNOOC Uganda Limited...
- OFFICE SUPERVISOR - CNOOC Uganda Limited
- VEHICLE FLEET LEADER - CNOOC Uganda Limited
- Deputy of Disability Hospital CCBRT
- ▼ 08/05 - 08/12
- ► 2011
- PSLE-2014 EXAMINATION RESULTS - Matokeo Darasa la Saba 2014
- MATOKEO YA KIDATO CHA NNE 2013 - CSEE 2013 EXAMINATION RESULTS
- Matokeo ya kidato cha nne 2014 - CSEE 2014 EXAMINATION RESULTS
- Tanzania Cotton Board Jobs Jan 2013
- JOBS IN TANZANIA , MTWARA AT DANGOTE - JAN 2015
- FORM II RESULTS 2014 - Matokeo ya Mtihani wa Kidato cha Pili 2014
- NAFASI ZA KAZI UHAMIAJI
- CRDB Bank Employment Opportunities
- TIGO JOBS SEPTEMBER 2013
- World Vision Tanzania Jobs