Be a central part of Tanzania’s agricultural transformation – the SAGCOT Center Ltd. is looking for top-tier talent to join our team at the forefront of public and private sector development of Tanzania. Candidates must have strong analytical abilities and communication skills, an excellent academic record, and a passion for development. Those with at least 8 years field and technical experience are strongly encouraged to apply at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Launched in Dar es Salaam at the World Economic in 2011, the Southern Agricultural Growth Corridor of Tanzania (SAGCOT) is an international public private partnership that aims to transform agricultural in Tanzania’s Southern Corridor. Partners include local and international companies, farmers, development partners, Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and the Tanzanian Government. By 2030, the partnership aims to attract USD 3.2 billion of investments, transforming 350,000 hectares of arable land into profitable production and lifting 10,000 small scale farmers into commercial farming.
SAGCOT Centre Ltd. functions as the operational hub, promoting investments in inclusive, sustainable commercial value chains. The SAGCOT Centre Ltd. is also a neutral broker and catalyst that links different agriculture stakeholders in order to help achieve major economic growth in Tanzania.
SAGCOT Centre Ltd. is currently seeking to fill the role of Business Development Specialist; a dynamic and motivated professional, with the analytical and communication skills to play a central role in driving the success of the organization. Full details below:
Full Time Position: Business Development Specialist
JobPurpose: Assist the Cluster Coordinator in the implementation of cluster development activities in the Ihemi cluster (Njombe and Iringa districts).
Eligible candidates should have the following minimum qualifications:
· Master’s degree in Agribusiness, Business Management, Business Finance or in another relevant field from a recognized institution
Minimum of 8 years field and technical experience with agribusiness development, private public partnership engagement, or entrepreneurship development in Tanzania is required
· Experience working with public, private partnerships
· Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
· Ability to develop a well-written, cohesive analyses and reports
· Track record of building strong client and stakeholder relationships
· Exceptional ability to manage time and handle multiple tasks and priorities
· Ability to generate innovative solutions in work situations with minimal supervision
· Fluent in English and Swahili
· Demonstrate initiative, maturity and good judgment
· Willingness to be based in Iringa and has the ability to travel to various places including remote rural villages
• Experience working with public, private partnerships
HOW TO APPLY:
How to Apply
Qualified candidates who meet the criteria above are welcome to apply now before the deadline on July 31st 2016. This opportunity is only open to Tanzania nationals. A complete job description for this position can be found on the SAGCOT Centre official Website www.sagcot.com
Interested persons with the required background and experience are invited to submit their applications to the address or e-mail below by July 31st 2016. Please include a detailed curriculum vitae and a cover letter clearly indicating which job you are applying for.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.