Acacia Mining seeks to employ a Process Support Operator based at Buzwagi Mine. This role reports to the Process Plant First Line Leader and the role holder will be accountable to deliver quality support operator services to the TSF, WHA, WSP, PSWP and other sedimentation built pond operations which will aid the gold recovery process and ore mining activities.
This is a permanent role, with the work roster being five (5) days on and two (2) days off.
• Ensure safe work practices by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Completion of pre-shift / start inspections (including the completion of pre start check lists) and on-the-job task observations (PTO) / assessments.
• Completion of FLRA booklet/ JHA for hazard identification and risk control.
• Ensure timely and accurate shift handovers, including the completion of required documentation.
• Completion of problem/ fault finding and logging of identified faults in the log book.
• Plastic lining tools/ equipment inspection and monitoring, including tensiometer machine, vacuum machine, air pressure pump, spark testor machine, generator, plastic liner trailer, wedge, hand held grinder and extrusion machine.
• Tailings storage facility management and immediate reporting of any wall failure and seepage.
• Inspection of decant pump and delivery pipes, under drainage pumps, spigot, plastic liner condition and TSF and pond embankment integrity.
• Maintain TSF wet beach and monitor supernatant pools.
• WHA, WSP, PSWP and siltation pond inspection, monitoring and management.
• Maintain license to operate by ensuring environmental compliance and reporting any environmental issues.
• Control the water evaporation management system.
• Monitor raw water pump and delivery line.
• Plastic liner deployment and welding and quality control and quality assurance process.
• Accurate data / record collection and filing.
• Logging required QA/QC readings and information into shift log sheets.
• Accurate and timely collection and submission of required plastic liner samples, including sample labeling.
• Maintain equipment integrity, reporting all maintenance requirements and operating problems.
• Maintain proper housekeeping of all work areas and equipment.
• Form IV/ VI Secondary Education
• FTC/Trade - Test grade 1 in mineral processing/ relevant
• 1 Year TSF operation experience in mineral processing.
Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
• Knowledge of TSF operations
• Pumps and Valves operation
• Plastic liner types (LLHDPE and HDPE) and application specification and deployment procedures
• Plastic liner welding tool/ equipment operation
• Plastic liner welding and sample preparation
• Computer skills - Microsoft Office Word and Excel etc.
• Safety Awareness
• Effective communication (English literacy and numeracy)
• Document management
• Time management, scheduling and planning
• Analysis and interpretation of data
• Knowledge of environmental procedures related with TSF operation