The NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency invites applicants who are citizens of African Union Member States for the post of Programme Officer: Gender.
Under the supervision of the Head of ISBU or his or her delegate, the Programme Officer: Gender shall support the project implementation activities of the PIDA capacity building project.
Specifically, the incumbent shall have the following key performance areas:
Key Performance Areas:
1. Conduct gender analysis to inform the Programme design and implementation.
2. Provide advice to Programme implementers on how to promote gender equality in Programme activities.
3. Mainstream gender in all aspects of the Programme including in the development of regional protocols and policies.
4. Contribute to the development and implementation of a gender responsive monitoring framework for the Programme.
5. Convene regional experts to discuss the promotion of gender equality in infrastructure development and contribute to building regional knowledge base in the area.
6. Conduct training of the Programme team in NEPAD and other NEPAD staff and in the RECs on mainstreaming gender in infrastructure development.
7. Work with Programme staff in NEPAD and the RECs to identify new opportunities and entry points for the promotion of gender equality.
8. Document lessons learnt and emerging good practice on RECs and RMC and NEPAD approaches in mainstreaming gender in infrastructure.
9. Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Education and Experience:
The Programme Officer: Gender shall have a minimum qualification of a Bachelor’s degree in sociology, gender studies or equivalent; and shall have at least 5 years’ experience in gender mainstreaming, preferably in national, regional or continental context.Applications should be forwarded utilizing ‘’Arial’’ font 11.5:
To apply, please submit the following:
• A motivation letter stating reasons for seeking this vacant position and employment with NEPAD.
• Detailed and updated curriculum vitae (CV), not exceeding five (5) pages, and indicating your nationality and gender.
• Three (3) referees with knowledge of the candidate’s work, furnishing full contact details, telephone and email addresses.
• Certified copies of degrees and diplomas.
Applications must be received not later than Monday, 25 July 2016 and should be addressed to:
Head of Human Resources
NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency
P O Box 218; Midrand, 1685
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.