The Finance and Business analyst reports directly to the Finance and Business Administration Manager (FBAM) at the Africa Office. The incumbent is responsible for the proper implementation of financial procedures in all Africa Right To Play programs operations including Uganda, Burundi, Tanzania, Ethiopia Mozambique, Ghana, Mali, Liberia, Benin & Rwanda. The incumbent is working with the respective Country Finance Officers (FOs) to ensure budgeting, accounting, over all compliances to procedures and Polices. S/he ensures regular account and budget analysis and ensures RTP Africa wide books are closed on time and financial reports from field are completed and accurate. He/she is responsible for preparing financial reports for management. S/he performs all balance sheet accounts analysis and reconciliation.
In accordance with Right To Play (RTP) approved policies and procedures, the incumbent:
Financial management,planning and budgeting
· Review and analyse yearly financial planning of countries and supports the program team in preparation of proposal and operational budgets and translation of the program activities into figures; supports the Program Manager (PM) liaising with Countries and partners in the process of budget reviews, analysis and templates.
· Ensures that all staff are aware of the financial accountabilities; communicates on financial expectations and provides constructive feedback on forecasts and expenditures; coordinates with FBAM and country officers to set a yearly activity plan for upgrading staff financial skills and capacity and leads the implementation; Follow up that all project staff are familiar with the roles and responsibilities in relation to financial management and accountability;
· Provide monthly analytical financial report and project cost reports against budget and alerts management team of necessary contractual or management actions based on that analysis and review. On a monthly basis, generate BvA and reports to the RD/FBAM with recommendations based upon complex business transactions; ensures respective Countries understands variance implications and how to respond to and manage them effectively. Identifies additional financial tracking and analysis tools as needed to support decision-making and on-going management review.
· Performs analysis of the month and year-end financial statements and ledger accounts and reconciliation; arranges and ensures their compliance with RTP and donor requirements. Participates in the annual financial audit ensuring all supporting documents are available for auditors to review; responds to auditor's requests, as well as any internal or donor audits.
· Contribute to development of a system for monthly account analysis, quarterly grants’ analysis, funding framework monitoring, and deliver it to Country program to position them for an efficient and easy internal/external financial audit.
· Coordinates and develops monthly financial reports and grants control instruments for each country and regional office.
· Generates monthly financial reports for all countries, consolidates them for submission to HQ.
Internal Audit and Continues Process Improvement
· Perform ad hoc and annual spot checks on countries financial management and compliance and report the findings
· Timely review and analyse field office monthly financial reports (verifying the coding, arithmetical accuracy, documentation, authorization) and subsequent feedback to ensure timely submission to Region.
· Perform detailed account analysis, coordinate resolutions and recommend improvement; identify issues and trend analysis to ensure accuracy and timely clearing of receivables and liabilities.
· Based on analysis and sound business judgement, provide advice on business process and changes that will result in operating efficiencies.
· Contribute in team-based effort to improve finical management systems to enhance to achievement of organizational objectives.
· Coordinate system and business process assessments to confirm or create efficient and effective controls
· Support FBAM to train finance and program staff on RTP financial policies and best practice financial management
Banking, payroll and accounting analysis
· Analysing and supervising daily management of financial transactions and all cash disbursements; ensures that there are adequate controls over cash and bank holdings, performs monthly petty cash count; oversees routine banking services including collecting bank statements, making bank transfers depositing and withdrawing cash, preparing bank reconciliation statements at the end of the month.
· Reviews all bank reconciliation statements prepared by the FOs.
· Monitors petty cash accounts including the spot checking of balances and payments.
· Review and analyse payroll and monitors salary advance reimbursements; stays abreast on the latest development in tax and other related laws in the countries; analyses and ensure RTP’s compliance with all Government statutory regulations including licensing payment of taxes and social security fund;
· Ensures that all related government returns and tax slips (Income tax, Social Security deductions, withholding tax etc…) are provided to the appropriate government officials/departments as per RTP’S obligations and requirements are submitted by their due dates.
· Reviews and consolidation of payroll sheets of all countries and submits to Regional HR Manager/Officer.
· Analyse financial transactions and prepare journal entries for accrual, prepayments, corrections and adjustments; and perform Monthly review of Countries balance sheet reconciliations schedules and preparing RO part.
mi Administrative and logistics functions
Reviews and analyses the supporting documents and compliance for all purchase requests received from Countries for VP’s approval and onwards submission to HQ
· Support FBAM oversees the Logistics functions to ensure compliance with RTP financial management and procurement procedures. Acts as a member of the procurement committee and verifies and analyse logistical transactions, where applicable.
Performs other duties as assigned.
IV.PLANNING AND ORGANIZING
The incumbent is expected to set goals, discuss them with the CM and plan the work accordingly. He/she is expected to participate in the strategic planning for the county. The incumbent is expected to support the team in setting their own goals and planning own work.
V. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Must have)
Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, accounting or related discipline.
5 years’ experience in a similar role (multi-country) working in accounting, grants and budgets management and development.
(C) COMPETENCIES / PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
· Attention to detail and ability to plan and implement work plan with minimum supervision
· Good networking and interpersonal skills
· Ability work with large data with attention to details
· Ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines and pressure
· Excellent communication and reporting skills
· Strong analytical abilities and ability to prepare concise and informative financial reports
· Excellent reporting skills
· Good professional verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work as part of a team in culturally diverse professional staff
· Leadership and management skills
(D) TECHNICAL SKILLS:
· Excellent MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Familiarity with accounting software
· Proven ability in using financial management software
Fluency in written and spoken English and knowledge of French is an asset
HOW TO APPLY:
If you meet the requirements for this position and are interested in working with a diverse and dynamic team of professionals, please send your resume and motivational letter to: UgandaHR@righttoplay.comand kindly include “Finance and Business Analyst” and your name in the subject line. Please indicate your salary expectations in the motivational letter and do not attach certificates at this point. The deadline for applications is August 4, 2016. Only long listed candidates will be invited for a written assessment.
To learn more about who we are and what we do, please visit our website at www.righttoplay.com.