The East Africa Trade and Investment Hub (the Hub) is the U.S. government’s flagship project under the presidential Trade Africa initiative, launched in 2013 to boost trade and investment with and within Africa. The Hub partners with East African and U.S. businesses to attract investment needed to transform the East African private sector into vibrant global trading partners. Improving the region’s trade competitiveness, encouraging the diversification of exports beyond natural resources, and promoting broader, more-inclusive economic growth will lead to more food secure and resilient East African communities.
The goal of the Hub is to deepen regional integration, increase the competitiveness of select regional agricultural value chains, promote two-way trade with the U.S. under the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA) and facilitate investment and technology to drive trade growth intra-regionally and to global markets.
Objectives and Duties:
The ICT Assistant is responsible for providing technical support at the hub, including system installations and maintenance. S/he will ensure that proper back up, anti-virus and disaster recovery procedures are identified and followed and that end users have access to shared files, printers and email. The ICT Assistant is responsible for, but not limited to the following functions:
· Provide support for day-to-day ICT operations
· Assist in new workstation setup and desktop repairs
· Assist in local area network (LAN) management and troubleshooting
· Performing operating system upgrades by installing software patches
· IP Telephony support
· Manage IT monitoring systems
· Rolling out new IT tools and processes
· Assist in maintaining ICT inventory log of assets issued out
· Support programmatic and technical aspects of the program as needed, including but not limited to contracting, and interacting with third party providers where applicable.
· Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related field.
· Two (2) years of relevant experience in ICT experience , preferably in troubleshooting local area networks (LANs)
· Experience in Microsoft Server Operating System and IBM Notes Applications is an added advantage.
· Excellent writing and communication skills
· Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines, multi task, work independently and cooperatively with team members.
· The ICT Assistant will have no supervisory responsibilities.
Base of Operations:
· Nairobi, Kenya
· The ICT Assistant will report to the ICT Specialist.