Acacia Mining seeks to employ an Executive Assistant based at our Dar es Salaam Office. This role reports to the Head of Corporate Affairs and the role holder will be accountable to manage the office of the Head of Corporate Affairs by providing effective administrative and logistical support.
This is a permanent role with standard office hours, and the role may include travel.
• Provide day to day office and administrative support to the Head of Corporate Affairs.
• Manage the Head of Corporate Affairs diary/ calendar and maintain accurate records using the electronic diary, email and computer database.
• Screen incoming calls and take accurate messages.
• Organize and coordinate travel, accommodation, and meeting/ conference/ event arrangements for the Head of Corporate Affairs and other Executive Leadership Team (ELT) Members.
• Coordinate Executive and Government Meetings, including Governmental Briefs.
• Manage correspondence and write letters particularly with regard to the Government and Regulatory Agencies.
• Research various materials/ information and prepare documents, reports and presentations as well as coordinating the submission of all statutory reports.
• Provide secretarial support to the Head of Corporate Affairs, ELT and other senior managers in the Corporate Affairs Department, including compiling meeting agendas and taking minutes.
• Liaise with various departments, Corporate Managers and Mine General Managers to ensure smooth and efficient operation of the Corporate Affairs function.
• Stakeholder relations (internal and external).
• Accurate compilation of weekly and monthly reports that are submitted on time and with appropriate content.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science or equivalent
• At least 5 years’ experience as an Executive Assistant to a Senior Executive / Senior Manager in the private sector.
• Experience in Office Management is essential.
• Experience in the mining industry will be an added advantage.
Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
• Understanding of Office protocols in a corporate business working environment
• Discretion and judgment of a high order with the ability to maintain confidentiality
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Time management, scheduling and planning
• Team Membership
• Attention to detail
• Document Management