Acacia Mining seeks to employ a Survey Assistant based at Buzwagi Mine in Tanzania. This role reports to the Survey Section Leader and the role holder will be accountable to ensure that survey projects / work requirements for the open pit operations are fulfilled timely and accurately.
This is a fixed term contract role, with the work roster being fourteen (14) days on and seven (7) days off.
• Ensure safe work practices by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Attend Pre-shift information (PSI) meetings and effectively utilise information shared during these meetings.
• Prepare layout of blast holes and conduct surveys of blast patterns.
• Ensure that the leveling bubble is working and always centered to avoid incorrect setout of point location.
• Carry out survey setting outs and pick-ups.
• Conduct field survey pickups, toe crest and spot heights.
• Maintain accuracy in surveying of all mined areas to assist in month end volume computations.
• Maintain accuracy in surveying of Rompad stockpiles to assist in month end volume computations.
• Ensure accurate pegging of required drilling locations and indicate drill hole numbers on marked pegs.
• Ensure that all drilled holes are accurately surveyed.
• Complete grade control mark out and pickup and ore mark out and level establishment for ore excavation.
• Ensure proper housekeeping, including survey tools and vehicles.
• Secondary education.
• Ability to drive light vehicles in Tanzania.
• Experience in mine surveying or construction / engineering surveying will be an added advantage