Job Ref: IRC976
Reporting to the Group Chief Operating Officer (GCOO), this position is directly accountable for the management and oversight of the KCB Information Technology (IT) Division to provide a stable, robust and innovative ICT environment that enables and drives business, banking operations, seamless and exemplary customer experience across KCB.
IT Division comprises of Banking (T24) and Non-Banking Systems Operations and Support, Enterprise Services (Infrastructure, Channel Management, and Application Development), IT Projects & Change Management, Enterprise Architecture, IT Service Delivery, Licenses, SLAs & Vendor Management, IT Risk & Security, Business Continuity Management & Disaster Recovery and Regional IT Support.
- Lead and direct IT Division senior management, teams and staff.
- In consultation with the GCOO, formulate IT business plans and strategies that are aligned to the KCB Group Strategy.
- Manage and maintain IT systems, services and infrastructure in a manner that ensures sustained uptime, seamless and robust customer experience and support.
- Formulate and or drive innovative IT initiatives, change and process improvement.
- Proactively review IT strategies, plans and technologies in response to the operating environment and business challenges in a manner that supports and enables business and banking operations whilst optimizing costs and maximizing IT assets utilization.
- Champion and propagate the KCB brand platform in the KCB IT Division and externally to the IT Division stakeholders, service providers and vendors (purpose, vision, mission, values, behaviors and promise).
- Manage and maintain a robust monitoring, controls, business continuity, security, backup and recovery, governance and risk management environment in a manner that ensures adherence to external and internal statutory and regulatory standards, risk and compliance management.
- Provide and maintain Status Reporting on IT systems, service delivery, incident management, IT Contracts & SLA compliance and fulfillment levels with substantive and concise key performance / risk indicators and tracking thereof. Preparation and presentation of management and board papers.
- Procure IT systems, services technologies, infrastructure in line with KCB policy and governance requirements business strategy, plans.
- Manage and maintain relationships with key/strategic stakeholders: KCB Group EXCO, managing directors, divisional directors, and heads of departments, statutory and regulatory authorities, key vendors, partners and service providers.
Qualifications and Requirements
- University Degree in Information Technology or Business related field. Relevant tertiary IT qualifications and or certifications. A Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in IT management (preferably including IT in financial services), commercial banking operations, customer service, governance and controls with at least 6 years’ in senior to top management position.
- Sound and working knowledge of core banking systems and technologies.
- Track record of attaining targets of service delivery, project completion and change management in a large organization.
- Operating knowledge of the trends of information technology (obsolescence and relevance) relating to banking & financial services on a regional and global level.
- Understanding of statutory and regulatory requirements of IT governance and operations of East Africa.
- Demonstrable cross-cultural, people and relationship management skills, team motivation and leadership competence.
- Demonstrable ability to adapt and operate in a matrix management and reporting environment.
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements and wish to consider this career opportunity please respond to email@example.com by 5th August 2016
KCB IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER