In this role, you will spearhead the management of all academic aspects of the Centre – one of six international settings that conducts teaching, research and outreach of mathematical sciences. Serving a roster of students from across Africa and under the direction of the Centre President, you will manage and contribute to an innovative and international-class academic programme at the Masters level in the Mathematical Sciences.
In close collaboration with the Chief Operating Officer, you will guide the continuity of an established curriculum, giving leadership to a diverse team of tutors and world-class visiting lecturers. Additionally, it is anticipated that you will be an active contributor and catalyst to research and outreach initiatives—ultimately to facilitate and set the groundwork for the Centres continued growth.
This is a 3 year, full-time contract opportunity and will be based in Bagamoyo, Tanzania.
Do you have what we need?
· A Doctorate in Mathematical Sciences (Mathematics, Physics or related)
· 7+ years experience managing academic professionals in an international setting, with particular expertise with African academia
· An active research profile in the mathematical sciences
· Superb relationship management skills to lead, manage and mentor a diverse team of academic professionals
· A genuine passion to heighten the development of mathematical sciences in Africa
· Fluency in English is essential; French is desirable
· Willing and able to travel within and outside of Africa
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Internet applications (Dropbox, Skype, Gmail, etc.)
HOW TO APPLY:
Are you ready to be a part of the transformation?
Submit your letter of motivation, including salary expectations together with a detailed CV to:email@example.com(Please quote “Academic Director TNZ” in the subject line). Applications will be accepted until the right candidate is found.
Should no feedback be received from AIMS-NEI within four weeks of your submission, kindly accept that your application will not be further pursued. AIMS-NEI reserves the right not to make an appointment at its sole discretion.