The Benjamin William Mkapa Foundation (Bmf)
In collaboration with ABBOTT FUND TANZANIA
Source mwananchi,18th May 2016
In responding to several health challenges including HIV and AIDS, there has been concerted efforts from the Government of Tanzania, to strengthening the health care systems including health laboratories in the country. These efforts include; Infrastructure development through renovation of regional laboratories through Public Private Partnership (PPP). In 2011, the Abbott Fund completed regional laboratory modernization project by building new laboratories at 23 regional-level hospitals nationwide. Muhimbili National Hospital is one of the beneficiaries of this project where National Secure Lab IT network (LabNet) which links with the Regional Hospital Laboratories is functional. In order for LabNet to work smoothly, ICT personnel are required to take care of the system at different capacities.
Benjamin Mkapa Foundation (BMF) in collaboration with Abbott Fund initiated a project of strengthening the Laboratories of the Regional Hospitals and Muhimbili National Hospital. Through this initiative, BMF's main task has been recruiting and managing a number of staff (different carders) to support the project.
In this context, thus BMF seeks to recruit committed, self-driven, dynamic, competent and qualified ICT Officers to fill the vacancies below:
1. System Administrators II (3 ICT Officers)
Duties and responsibilities:
• Server Management: to ensure that all domain server(s) perform according to standards set.
• Network configuration management: to perform all duties that involves configuration of all network nodes such as the hubs, switches, routers, desktops and printers
• Management of users' accounts through a daily management of users' access and security.
• System Installation: to install and configure all software packages.
• Security management: to control access to various information databases.
• Network planning: to manage expansion of computer network.
• Bandwidth management: understanding the flow of traffic and manage the network bandwidth.
• WAN and LAN performance management: to ensure network and its components perform according to standard set.
• Responsible for back-up plan: to set system back-up and recovery strategies.
• Database management: to ensure the database is configured and runs well according to standards set.
• Monitoring and Tuning: to monitor database performance and tune where necessary.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by superiors.
• Managing Microsoft Exchange Servers, Active Directories, and Antivirus servers.
• Holders of Bachelors of Science degree or Advanced Diploma in Computer Science or Information Technology/Systems from a recognized Institution.
• Certification in Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator/ Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) is an added advantage.
All application letters attached with recent CV s should be addressed to the below address and submitted through firstname.lastname@example.org
Chief Executive Officer
Benjamin W. Mkapa Foundation.
P.O.Box 76274, Dar Es Salaam