The Benjamin William Mkapa Foundation (Bmf)
In collaboration with ABBOTT FUND TANZANIA
In responding to several health challenges including HIV and AIDS, there has been concerted efforts from the Government of Tanzania, to strengthening the health care systems including health laboratories in the country. These efforts include; Infrastructure development through renovation of regional laboratories through Public Private Partnership (PPP). In 2011, the Abbott Fund completed regional laboratory modernization project by building new laboratories at 23 regional-level hospitals nationwide. Muhimbili National Hospital is one of the beneficiaries of this project where National Secure Lab IT network (LabNet) which links with the Regional Hospital Laboratories is functional. In order for LabNet to work smoothly, ICT personnel are required to take care of the system at different capacities.
Benjamin Mkapa Foundation (BMF) in collaboration with Abbott Fund initiated a project of strengthening the Laboratories of the Regional Hospitals and Muhimbili National Hospital. Through this initiative, BMF's main task has been recruiting and managing a number of staff (different carders) to support the project.
In this context, thus BMF seeks to recruit committed, self-driven, dynamic, competent and qualified ICT Officers to fill the vacancies below
2. Database Administrator II (I ICT Officer)
Duties and responsibilities:
• To oversees database administration on various platforms for production.
• Development, and test environments to include day-to-day - monitoring and maintenance, problem investigation and resolution.
• Backup creation and maintenance.
• SQL and database optimization and tuning.
• Provide leading efforts to research, analyze and recommendations on patches, upgrades, and new technologies surrounding all aspects of data management using relational database.
• Plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information in databases against accidental or unauthorized damage or modification.
• Holders of Bachelors of Science degree or Advanced Diploma in Computer Science or Information Technology/Systems from a recognized 'Institution.
• Certification in Database administration.
All application letters attached with recent CV s should be addressed to the below address and submitted through email@example.com
Chief Executive Officer
Benjamin W. Mkapa Foundation.
P.O.Box 76274, Dar Es Salaam