To assist the Head of Policy in the implementation of Work stream 2 (Enabling Environment and Policy Analysis) and the broader engagement of the Government of Tanzania and Development Partners for priority public investments in the clusters.
Duties and responsibilities
· To assist the Head of Policy in all activities related to engaging the Government of Tanzania (GoT) towards priority public investments in the clusters/corridor and policy advocacy
· To identify and promote priority public investment and policy reforms by the GoT and development partners (DP)
· To coordinate all studies, consultations and reviews carried out in respect of infrastructure portfolio, including assisting preparation and appraising requests for proposals for infrastructure projects
· To identify policy advocacy partners, liaise with a view to developing policy analyses relevant to priority policy issues in clusters/corridor, and to prepare advocacy proposals to address identified constraints in the clusters
· To map all current and planned activities of GoT and DPs in the clusters/corridor and provide inputs to cluster development planning
· To track investment and reform commitments by the GoT and DPs and lead systematic follow up of implementation through proactive participation at appropriate working groups and GoT / DP forums
Eligible candidates should have the following minimum qualifications
· A Master’s degree in any of the following fields: Civil Engineering, Transport Management, Policy, or Infrastructure Engineering. Possession of a Master degree, preferably in Project Management is necessary
· At least six (6) year experience in Civil Infrastructural design and/or Project Management
· Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision in a highly dynamic environment
· Correct interpretation and application of the SAGCOT Centre’s mandate and strategic objectives
· Strong leadership, coordination, networking and problem solving skills.
· Insight into and networks with the Tanzanian Government are a preference
· Strong affinity with policy and enabling environment bottlenecks affecting agriculture value chains
· Proven experience to manage complex projects in a time conscious and coordinated manner
How to Apply
Qualified candidates who meet the criteria above are welcome to apply now before the deadline on 25th August 2016. This opportunity is only open to Tanzania nationals only.
Interested persons with the required background and experience are invited to submit their applications to the address or e-mail below by 25th August 2016. Please include a detailed curriculum vitae and a cover letter clearly indicating which job you are applying for.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification