Restless Development Tanzania is the leading national youth led development agency proving every day that young people can change the world. Our strength comes from being led by young people and young professionals from the boardroom right through to the field. We have been working in Tanzania since 1993 and have established an impressive track record in delivering grassroots impact through youth led development programmes aligned to the Government of Tanzania’s Consecutive National Development Plans. We have just launched an exciting 5 year strategic plan (2016 - 2021) which champions for a growing movement of change makers unleashing leadership as an agency in their own right. We believe as an agency we have the key to unlock young people’s potential both at national and on a global scale. Our vision is that young people everywhere are able to demand and deliver a just and sustainable world. Key to attaining our vision is the Restless Model which puts youth at the heart of development. Unified priorities for specific changes that young people are demanding are anchored in four enabling goal areas,Voice, Living, Sexual Rights and Leadership
We are seeking a values-orientated, suitably qualified, motivated and experienced individual to fill the position of Senior Programme Manager in our Programme Unit.
Position:Senior Programme Manager
The Senior Programme Manager works closely with the Head of Operations and Programme Leads; in summary the role of the Senior Programme Manager is as follows:
· Oversight of programme performance: monitoring and ensuring performance of programmes/projects across strategic plan key indicators and compliance with organisational policies
· Leadership of programme design and planning : working closely with the MEL Manager to provide oversight for ensuring programme direction, design, implementation, quality and evaluation
· Contribute to organisational leadership, strategy and direction: Work closely with the Head of Operations to develop and maintain effective strategy and direction
· Contribute to organisational fundraising and partnerships: Cultivate partnerships for Restless Development with identified strategic partners and donors, supporting proposal development and grant management
· Ensure sound financial management: Monitor and ensure fiscal management, budgeting and transparency across the programme unit. Work closely with the Head of Operations and Senior Finance & Admin Manager to ensure best practice in all areas of financial management across the organisation.