Mbeya, Tanzania Negotiable Consultant Agreement, 5 months Negotiable Hours
About VSO VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
Role overview VSO Tanzania is seeking a Marketing Consultant to work as part of the Tanzania Local Enterprise Development project which aims to increase the benefit to local communities in Tanzania of investment in the extractives and agriculture sectors.
The Marketing Consultant will be expected to take full ownership of the Marketing component of the TLED Capacity Building Program.
Skills, qualifications and experience required The Marketing Advisor must have proven sales and marketing experience within East Africa,. She/he must demonstrate strong creative and critical thinking skills and possess strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of people.
The marketing advisor will have to be able to work closely with various SME’s from different industries and be able to effectively manage multiple demands at one time.
Skills and experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or Business required.
• Three to five years of experience in a Marketing Management or Advisor role is required
• Facilitation and training skills
• Proven experience in the development of marketing plan of medium sizes busineses.
• Basic conversational knowledge of Swahili language
• Fluency in English
• Experience in social media and digital marketing strategies
• Experience in working with Tanzanian Small and Medium Enterprises
• Previous experience in working in a project environment