The Livelihood ICT Trainer will be based in Dadaab (Hagadera) and shall provide professional leadership in class management to support and develop the students and hold them accountable for their progress. The incumbent will offer training services in IT to identified groups of refugees and IT support services to end-users. S/he will report directly to the Livelihood Officer, while working closely on a daily basis in collaboration with other sectors of LWF.
Duration of initial contract: September to December 2016
Key Points of Communication: Livelihood Officer
Purpose of the Position:-
In regards to Livelihood
· Responsible for the implementation and evaluation of the ICT curricular at the ICT Centre.
· Responsible for the planning, preparation and presentation of ICT lessons that cater for the whole ability range within the class.
· Responsible for organizing the classroom and learning resources to create a friendly learning environment.
· Registering the trained refugees to examination body to do the final exams.
· Produce accurate, detailed and timely periodical reports.
· Management/maintenance of capital goods and equipment assigned to the project while ensuring they are used for the approved purpose and in a cost-effective manner.
· Responsible for establishing up to date professional and administrative records.
· Providing feedback on learners’ progress through periodical reports and educational forums as necessary.
· Administering Continuous Assessment Tests for the learners to assess their understanding.
· Staying up to date with the changes and developments in the ICT curriculum structure and advising the sector head as necessary.
In regards to IT Support:-
§ ICT asset management - Assist in undertaking inventory of ICT equipment and ensure in liaison with store supervisor that the ICT asset records are up-to-date and are given asset numbers. Share the ICT asset list with the System Administrator on quarterly basis
§ ICT policy- assist the system administrator to ensure all ICT related policies are enforced and users are made aware of the existence of the same. All procurement of systems will be done in reference to the existing policies on the same
§ Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
§ Diploma in computer science, information technologies plus at least 3 years working experience in a busy ICT industry.
§ A Cisco Certified Network Associate Certification
§ Good knowledge of, and experience in computer hardware installation, configuration, troubleshooting and repairs
§ Excellent knowledge of office automation software (Microsoft Office Suite-2003,2007,2010)
§ Fair knowledge of software systems development using Lotus Notes, Visual Studio languages, and database management systems (MS SQL Server and MS Access)
§ Knowledge of Telecommunications Technologies (HF and VHF Radio, Satellite/VSAT, Wireless, Microwave, and Telecommunications Cable technologies) and Networking Architectures for both LANs and WANs would be an added advantage.
§ Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows server 2003/2008environment, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista and windows 7
§ Good knowledge of Microsoft exchange server 2003 and Sage Accpac
§ Demonstrated knowledge and experience in structured cabling.
Strong interpersonal and a good team player.
High level of integrity, commitment and professional responsibility.
Ability to tolerate cultural, educational and religious diversity in the work place.
Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills.
Good analytical and problem solving skills.
Ability to work independently with guidelines and clear expectations.
HOW TO APPLY:
signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.”
Applications should include application letter, CV, together with the supporting documents to be submitted to.