Hanns R. Neumann Stiftung (HRNS) is a non-profit foundation. Headquarters are based in Germany while the organization is active worldwide. With the objective of promoting sustainable development, HRNS implements hands-on projects to improve working and living conditions of farmers and their communities.
You will find yourself surrounded by colleagues who are passionate about and dedicated to the mission and vision of HRNS. Joining Hanns R. Neumann Stiftung means being part of a diverse team with varied backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We follow the principle of equal opportunity and are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment.
Hanns R. Neumann Stiftung Africa, has a strong presence in Tanzania with projects currently being implemented in Arusha, Kilimanjaro and Mbeya.
For its regional office in Mbeya, Tanzania, HRNS is recruiting a gender officer.
Purpose of the position
The Gender Officer shall support the implementation of the gender household approach as a pilot project within the HRNS Tanzania program. Within the gender household approach, HRNS promotes agricultural production as a family business where all members benefit equally from coffee production. The pilot project targets 6,000 coffee farming households in Mbeya rural and Mbozi district. The Gender Officer acts under the direct supervision of the Gender Coordinator and the Field Operation Manager and is expected to work in close collaboration with field staff and the M&E team. The Gender Officer will be required to live in close proximity to his or her designated area of operation and at all times maintain excellent working relations with other partner organisations, including the government department of agriculture and community development.
- Conduct trainings, meetings and household visits to promote gender equality principles among smallholder farming communities, their organizations and field staff of HRNS - Support HRNS field staff in gender mainstreaming activities (e.g. provision of training, guidance and support etc.)
- Facilitate and participate in events, meetings, discussions and drama shows related to gender in the project districts
- Data collection of gender disaggregated information and its analysis to monitor the impact of the gender mainstreaming activities
- Compile work plans, budgets and reports
Qualifications and competencies
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, community development or related fields
- Experience with working in hands-on projects and its respective communities
- Experience in facilitating meetings/trainings
- Fluent in Swahili and English (speaking, reading and writing)
- Motivated and enthusiastic to work in a team
- Committed and result driven
- Very good in organizing and planning activities
- Energetic in promoting gender equality and motivated to work with local communities
- Aware of the cultural background and circumstances of the project site and its respective communities
Male and female candidates are encouraged to apply for this position. Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they will meet the specific requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it at the HRNS P.O. Box 2576, Plot number 59, 60 and 61, Iyunga Industrial Area in Mbeya latest by 19th August 2016!
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Job interviews will be held in the week from the 29th August until the 2nd September 2016. The gender officer is expected to be available latest from the 26th of September 2016.
Hanns R. Neumann Stiftung Africa Representative Office Tanzania P.O. Box 502, Farm No. 61/7/2 (E.P. Lot No. 429