- Position title: Division Manager - OAGL.1
- Grade: PL.2
- Position N°: 50065034
- Reference: ADB/16/075
- Publication date: 28/06/2016
- Closing date: 20/07/2016
- Country: Côte d’Ivoire
The objectives of the Office of the Auditor General is to provide Management with independent and objective appraisals and audit information on financial, operational, administrative and technical activities of the Bank. It comprises 2 divisions: the division responsible for institutional, financial and IT audits and Operations audits division. Under the direct supervision of the Auditor-General, the Corporate and Finance Division shall be responsible for planning; organizing, directing and controlling a broad, comprehensive program of auditing headquarter-based activities excluding the Operations Complexes.
The Division shall provide all levels of management with periodic, independent and objective appraisals and audits of financial, accounting, administrative and other activities, including identifying possible means of improving accountability, efficiency of operations and economy in the use of resources.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the Direct supervision of the Auditor General, the Manager, Corporate and Finance Division shall carry out the following duties:
- The Technical oversight:
- Developing a long-term internal audit strategic plan using appropriate risk-based methodology and in line with the Bank’s strategic objectives.
- Developing annual audit plans covering the corporate and finance activities, using appropriate risk-based methodology, including any risks or control concerns identified by management, and submitting that plan to the Auditor General for review and approval.
- Assigning and Supervising the implementation of the internal audit annual work plan at the Headquarters, at the Regional Resource Centers, External Representation Offices and Field Offices, as approved, including, as appropriate, any special tasks or assignments requested by the President and/or the Board.
- Evaluating and assessing the impact of significant new or changing services, processes, operations, and controls on the Division’s activities.
- Liaising with the external auditors as appropriate, for the purpose of providing optimal audit coverage to the Bank.
- Reporting to management on significant issues related to the processes for controlling the activities of the Bank, including potential improvements to those processes.
- Assigning and Supervising reviews of the effectiveness of the Bank's framework of risk management, control, and governance processes, as designed and implemented by management.
- Reviewing the reliability, accuracy and integrity of significant financial and automated management information systems, ensuring that such systems employ essential controls which minimize the risk of unauthorized activity.
- Assigning and supervising consulting and advisory services, beyond internal auditing assurance services, to assist management in meeting its objectives.
- Providing advice and assisting client departments on matters relating to internal controls.
- Undertake such other responsibilities deemed to be in line with the Institute of Internal Auditors standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Manage a team of professional level and support staff in providing efficient and high quality services that support the business. Set realistic performance goals and motivate team members to meet them, both for individual staff and for the team as whole;
- Manage team’s staffing and resources competently and responsibly to achieve the Division’s objectives.
- Be a collaborative member of the Management Team, contribute and share expertise and input and foster a collegial environment.
- Leading People: Serve as a role model, leading by example, builds alignment and commitment. Is courageous in challenging others to move the Bank forward.
- Build strong relationship management and understand the business needs to assist in developing practical and effective solutions;
- Promote collaboration and facilitate teamwork across teams and across organizational units;
- Maintain a high standard of professional integrity, treat individuals fairly and respectively and be sensitive to differences across culture, nationalities and gender;
- Provide on-the-job training and advice to relatively less experienced staff and supervise their work;
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- A Minimum of a Master degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration. And an internationally recognized Professional Accounting/Auditing Qualification (e.g. “Expert comptable” Chartered/Certified Public Accountant designation).
- A minimum of 8 years of substantial professional experience in internal auditing and risk management work in auditing a large international Institution or external audit environments in a large international firm. International Exposure is a prerequisite.
- Strong ability to clearly communicate, write, present and defend audit findings and recommendations.
- Established reputation for integrity, good judgement, fairness and discretion in dealing with Top Management, Staff and External Parties, strong organizational and analytical skills, attention to details and ability to work independently and manage challenges;
- Good interpersonal, supervisory, communication and analytical skills. Demonstrated capacity to influence and inspire the auditees.
- Strong leadership and coaching skills, with a proven track record of working with Professional teams and creating an empowering and self-development oriented work environment.
- Team Working & Relationship Management: Works with others to maximize the effectiveness of the team as a whole, sharing the knowledge and the workload. Develops strong working relationships with colleagues and contributes to creation of a positive team environment.
- Ability to communicate and write effectively in English or French with a good working knowledge of the other language;
- Proficient in use of the Bank standard software: Excel, Word, Power point; MS projects, Access, Visio, etc.
- Proficiency in use of computer Assister Audit Tools like ACL, PENTANA, Teammate, etc.
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.