The Surface and Marine Transport Regulatory Authority (SUMATRA) is a Government Regulatory Authority established by the Surface and Marine Transport Regulatory Authority Act, CAP 413. SUMATRA's role is to regulate, promote and Facilitate availability of efficient, safe, quality and reliable transport services in the Surface and Marine Transport sub- sectors through competitive and fair trade practices. The Authority operates in all regions within Tanzania Mainland.
SUMATRA is an equal opportunity employer and intends to recruit qualified, competent. dynamic and self-motivated
IT Tanzanians to fill the following vacant positions in the Procurement Management Unit and the Directorate of Finance, HR & Administration:
Senior Procurement/Supplies Officer (Head Office) -1 Post REF No. 9018
Senior Procurement/Supplies Officer reports to Manager, Procurement & Supplies.
Duties and Responsibilities
i. Prepare documents like draft contracts, materials/goods requisitions, maintenance agreements, purchase and check request;
ii. Conduct market and product research and cost analysis.
iii. Analyse supplier’s terms and conditions and revise to ensure compliance with procurement regulations;
iv. Assist in the developing and recommending various operational policies and procedures within the
v. Framework of procurement regulations;
vi. Coordinate with the requisitioning department to obtain required administrative information and/or documents necessary for processing the procurement;
vii. Address specific purchasing needs and specifications with user department;
viii. Supervise employees engaged in the processing of purchasing documents (e.g. specifications bids, shipping releases, purchase requests and other documents).
ix. Prepare periodic and special reports and maintains current data on suppliers and new products as well as appropriate records and form;
x. Purchase various commodities and/or services including construction projects, ICT and research equipment requirements;
xi. Maintain inventory and stores ledger;
xii. Check tally records and reconcile the stores and advise on the best and economic ways of disposing off of obsolete stores; and
xiii. Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum qualifications and Requirements
• Holder of University Bachelor's degree in procurement and Logistics Management or Advanced Diploma in Materials Management or Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Logistics Management or its equivalent;
• Certified Procurement and Supplies Professional (CPSP) by Procurement & Supplies Professionals and Technicians Board (PSPTB) or an equivalent qualification,
• Registered with the Procurement & Supplies Professionals and Technicians Board (PSPTB) under approved category or above and have a practicing license;
• At least five (5) years of relevant working experience 'in a reputable institution;
• Proven knowledge and experience in the Procurement Management Information System (PMIS) will be added advantage.
CANDIDATES' ATTRIBUTES FOR THE ABOVE VACANTPOSITIONS TO ,BE FILLED:
All Candidates must:
• Demonstrate highest degree of integrity;
• Possess good communication and interpersonal skills;
• Be self-driven and capable of working with minimal supervision;
• Be capable of delivering excellent results while working under pressure with tight schedules and deadlines;
• Be ready to work in any of the regional offices; and
• Should not be more than forty-five (45) years old.
4.0 TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Successful candidates will be employed on Unspecified Period of Contract (Permanent employment). However employees will only be confirmed to the post within six (6) months' probation period based on successful performance.
Attractive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates.
Applications should be on APPLICANTS' HANDWRITING indicating the REFERENCE NUMBER (Ref. No.) of the application accompanied with detailed CURRICULUM VITAE (CV) providing NAMES, POSITIONS and detailed CONTACTS OF THREE (3) RELIABLE REFEREES, and copies of relevant CERTIFICATES and TRANSCRIPTS.
Application letter and the envelope should bear the Ref. No. of the post applied. Application withoutRef. No. will not be considered. Applications with statement/Provisional results or Statements of Results from the Issuing Authority (e.g. NECTA. University, College) where the Certificates have already been issued will not be considered, thus, need not to apply.
DEADLINE FOR RECEIVING APPLICATION
Application should be submitted in envelope to the address below not later than Friday. 27th May. 2016 at 1700 Hrs. Any application received after the due date will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for Interview.
SUMATRA HEAD OFFICE,
ALI HASSAN MWINYI RD/NKOMO ST.
P. O. BOX 3093,
DAR ES SALAAM