Under the supervision of the Program Development Director, the National Nutrition Specialist will contribute towards the attainment of WVT fundraising goal and objectives through coordinating Nutrition grant fundraising efforts. Additionally, the National Nutrition Specialist will coordinate engage and network with internal and external stakeholders to position WVT grant acquisition. Incumbent will consulate the Senior Grants Compliance Officer, to ensure grants under their respective portfolio are complaint to donors and the Government of Tanzania policies and requirements.
Observe mission and core values of World Vision and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
- Implement WVT’s GAM (Grant Acquisition Management) Fundraising Strategy.
- Develop, implement and update regularly grant acquisition plan for Nutrition.
- Undertake regular donor scoping, landscape assessment and forecasts for Nutrition, including RFA/tender analysis.
- Ensure adherence to WVT’s GAM and Partnership’s practices and policies in pursuing grants.
- Liaise with WVT’s departments, WV (EARO/SOs/GC) and potential partners (prime/subs) in the preparation of Nutrition bids.
- Coordinate development of concept notes/proposals for identified funding opportunities (solicited and unsolicited) for Nutrition.
- Provide Nutrition technical advice on key bid elements including proposal design, potential partnerships etc.
- Stakeholder engagement - focused and intentional/donors/GoT preferred partner.
- Implement WVT’s GAM Engagement Strategy.
- Develop key engagement material (e.g. sector capacity statements, meeting talking points, stakeholder strategy analysis etc.) for Nutrition.
- Liaise regularly and build relationships with key internal Nutrition (EARO, Global Centre and Support Offices) and external Nutrition (bi-, multi-lateral donors and government entities) stakeholders.
- Update and maintain a database/register of key stakeholders and their representatives, and key documents (strategies, policies, reports etc.) for Nutrition.
- Gather intelligence and influence stakeholders approaches to inform WVT’s fundraising strategy on Nutrition.
- Coordinate engagement efforts with key WVT departments such as Communications, Advocacy and ISP and IPD.
- Organize institutional arrangements with Nutrition key stakeholders (e.g. pre/teaming agreements, MoUs and support letters etc) to support WVT’s fundraising efforts.
NATIONAL NUTRITION SPECIALIST