Acacia Mining seeks to employ an Auto Electrician based at Bulyanhulu Mine in Tanzania. This role reports to the Section Leader – Underground Heavy Machinery Equipment (HME) and the role holder will be accountable to manage safety and execution of maintenance work in the underground workshops so as to achieve availability and reliability targets of machines supporting underground mining.
This is a fixed term contract role, with the work roster being six weeks on and three weeks off.
CORE ACCOUNT ABILITIES
• Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies of Acacia, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines. • To provide technical, practical and field support in various working areas of the mine focusing on increasing work effectiveness and productivity while lowering cost through improved operational practices. • Perform field level risk assessments, identifying and rectifying hazards for the protection of employees and mine property. • Carry out maintenance of all equipment within the mobile equipment fleet aiming at reducing unplanned maintenance and optimising availability at the lowest total ownership cost. • Overhaul equipment and components in accordance with Company policies, procedures, O.E.M. guidelines and best industry practice. • Identify and analyse premature component/equipment failure utilising root cause / taproot analysis. • Complete required testing and safety checks on specified equipment as required. • Attend to breakdowns and complete all necessary fault finding / troubleshooting. • Comply with all statutory and legislative requirements. • Demonstrate a high level of housekeeping and environmental awareness with an emphasis on hydrocarbon disposal and management. • Provide appropriate on-the-job training/ coaching and mentoring to assigned trainees, and identifying training and development needs for trainees. • Reviewing progress of trainees.
• An Auto Electrical Trade/ Full Technician Certificate from a recognized institution. • Completion of a structured, recognized Auto Electrical Apprenticeship Program.
• At least 10 years’ experience in a Maintenance role with at least 2 years’ experience as an Auto Electrical Artisan in a production industry environment. • Strong hands on Auto Electrical skills working with underground mobile equipment.
• Experience in skills transfer, in a multi-cultural environment. • Experience on new Sandvik Machines TH430,530,540, LH307, LH514, and DL311(Solo)
Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
• Complete understanding of heavy equipment Auto Electrical design, maintenance and operation. • Conversant with all Auto Electrical components, repair and overhaul. • Conversant with mobile equipment based air conditioning systems. • Maintenance Systems (RCM) • Troubleshooting/ Fault Finding Skills • Strong computer skills, MS Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel. • Coaching/ Training/ Mentoring skills