The Operations & Logistics Manager role is a unique opportunity to help drive growth through the optimization of our growing number of Driver-Partners. We’re seeking a manager to help build a local network of in-person driver-partner activation centers, as well as provide everyday hustle to city level operations. Uber Activation Centers help new partners get on the road for the first time, build engagement with the platform over time, and provide a home base for the driver community. This is a critical role as it directly correlates to continually improving the rider experience through greater availability while minimizing costs. This data driven role calls for a rare combination of analytical thinking & inter-personal ability to manage partnerships. You'll manage your team to resolve support issues efficiently and comprehensively; but your team will go far beyond solving issues. They will identify root causes, escalate pervasive problems, and systematically help make Uber better as a whole.
This is an intense business side startup role & this person will work closely with the city General Manager to make sure your Center is meeting their market’s needs in terms of supply growth, onboarding, driver engagement, and any other local events or needs. This role will have direct responsibility for the growth of their business.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Identify, evaluate, negotiate and manage strategic fleet partnerships and driver development.
- Be responsible for the growth and onboarding of partners on the Uber platform in a scalable but effective way
- Heavy metrics analysis and product/process improvement
- Drive performance improvements through process development and innovation
- Develop the business to provide the best possible working environment and efficiency for partner-drivers.
- Engage in heavy metrics analysis and product/process improvement.
- Develop expansion planning/recruiting.
- Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of partner incentive programs and work with management to execute those strategies.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW/HAVE:
- Operations/analytical or related experience
- Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking (SQL an advantage)
- Solid understanding of a variety of business models (we're still proving ours)
- Bachelor's degree in economics, finance or similar field
- Relevant experience in logistics software &/or car services is a plus
- Startup (all-hands-on-deck) "I bust my ass because I love it" approach
- Dispatcher for a large fleet, without the "I know how this is done" attitude
- Engineering background with dreams of applying similar process to people processes
- Consulting or Accounting background with numbers/excel driven decision instincts