1. ZONAL OPERATIONS MANAGER
REPORTING TO: SENIOR OPERATIONS MANAGER
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Dealing with personnel and control of regional engineering issues.
• Supervise the activities of Subordinates.
• Prepare and maintain various technical records and engineering logs.
• Advises subordinate personnel on technical capabilities of systems / equipment and answers questions or resolve technical problems.
• Schedule engineering activities and workers based on facilities requirements.
• Establishes and updates departmental procedures as needed.
• Coordinate the ordering of broadcast supplies and equipment, makes recommendation for major spares and equipment purchases.
• Monitor’s engineering budget, determines if region expenditures are within budget parameters and decides on what adjustments’ are necessary.
• Managing administration relating to hiring labour.
• Excellent English verbal and written communication, client relationship management planning and organizational, problem solving and decision making skills.
• Able to function effectively under pressure.
• Managing and maintaining time the time and attendance system.
• Acting as liaison between the head office and the region on getting stores report, fuel reports, and any other necessary reports that require attention within the region.
• Ensuring that projects and outages are staffed with suitable qualified and experienced personnel.
• Managing the performance of and development of staff members.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
• Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
• Must be able to work at any part of Tanzania where our operations taking place
• Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
• Bachelor in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
• 5 Years – Working Experience in Telecom Industry
The position will attract a competitive salary package, which will include excellent benefits.
Applicants are invited to submit their Application Letters, Resume’s, Copies of Certificates and other credential certificates (indicating the position title in the subject) via e-mail to:
Human Resources and Administration Manager
Email to: HR@newl.co.tz, or By hand delivery at NEWL Offices
Deadline – 13th May 2016
Northern Engineering Works Limited has a strong commitment to health and safety .
Northern Engineering Works Limited offers equal employment opportunities to qualified men and women.
If you are not contacted by Northern Engineering Works Limited Twenty (20) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: competency assessment; physical capability assessment and reference checking.