Acacia Mining seeks to employ a Mining Specialist based at Bulyanhulu Mine. This role reports to the Technical Services Manager and the role holder will be accountable to provide project leadership and technical input and project team coordination for several improvement projects in the mining and mine planning functions of the Bulyanhulu underground mining operations.
This is a fixed term contract role, with the work roster being six weeks on and three weeks off.
• Participate in identifying business improvement opportunities within your work area. • Generate and complete CPORT scopes for sign off on projects assigned. • Implement the standards for the Technical Services Department for the projects and be accountable for the standards being met for all outputs. • Be involved in the project budget preparation activities within the Technical Services Team and be accountable for the timely delivery of the outputs. • Prepare detailed execution plans for all projects and be accountable for the efficient and effective application of the plan to ensure the timely completion of project works. • Be accountable for management of project costs, including engagement of contractors, management of contracts and contractors, accruals and clearance of claims and invoices for payment. • Be accountable for the final sign off on any Projects upon completion and handover to operations. • Liaise with the Technical Services and Operations personnel to ensure buy-in from the end users. • Prepare regular reports regarding project work progress as required. • Customers believe that the project implementation has been a success and has added value to their work and that information sharing and communication of project direction and scope is delivered on time and accurate and the content of reports are optimized to reflect project progress. • Ensure that Project milestones are achieved on time and to scope (qualitative & quantitative). • To deliver improvements in terms of Safety, Productivity/ Efficiency and Cost.
• Improvement Projects to include:
Stope Cycle Time Reduction Shotcrete Strategy Conventional Raise Replacement Underhand LH Stoping Drilling and Blasting Improvement (reduced incidence of bridging, etc.) Alimak Mining Ore Grade Improvement Paste Curing Time Reduction & Paste Recipe Change to Increased or 100% Tailings Production Drilling Equipment Review and Optimization Cable Bolter Review and Justification. Other projects and duties as directed by the Manager
• Tertiary Degree in Mining Engineering
• 7-10 years in Mining, including at least 4 years in Underground Mining, and 2 years in a leadership role
Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
• Project Management • Team Leadership • Computer Skills – MS Office • Time management, scheduling and planning • Analysis and interpretation of data • Trouble shooting • Mine design • Mining and mine planning • Financial Analysis