1. FINANCIAL CONTROLLER
REPORTING TO: HEAD OF FINANCE
Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs difficult and responsible professional work assisting in planning, organizing, and directing the compilation, review, and analysis of Northern Engineering Company Limited accounting, projects operations and budgetary records.
An employee in this classification performs complex accounting, budgeting, purchasing, and payroll functions.
• Assisting with project operations; coordinating accounting, purchasing, budgeting, or payroll
• Functions; preparing and maintaining detailed records and files.
• Provides information to other departments regarding purchasing, payroll, and accounting matters.
• Supervises and directs the work of project accounting staff involved in accounts payable, payroll and related activities.
• Ensures that project Accountants are preparing the bank reconciliations on time.
• Preparation of Annual Financial statements for Auditing purposes
• Responding to audit queries as raised by internal auditors and external auditors
• Preparation and maintenance of fixed assets register
• Preparation of monthly project reports and submission to the Management
• Ensuring that project Accountants are preparing projects annual budgets
• Assists External auditors with the review of the Northern Engineering financial records.
• Preparation of Financial Statements for audit purposes
• Preparation of Operational budgets, Maintenance of Financial records for the company
• Handling all statutory taxation for the NEWL projects.
• Ensure company annual stocktaking’s are performed on time
• Thorough knowledge of modern practices and of standard office and accounting equipment.
• General knowledge of audit practices.
• Ability to prepare complex financial reports.
• Ability to analyze and evaluate complex financial systems.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment in evaluating situations and in making decisions.
• Ability to complete assignments in a timely manner and meet deadlines.
• Ability to communicate technical ideas effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to effectively and discreetly handle confidential information.
• Ability to operate a personal computer using program applications appropriate to assigned duties and responsibilities.
• Ability to quickly learn and put to use new skills and knowledge brought about by rapidly changing information and/or technology.
• Ability to interact professionally and cooperatively and establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, officials, public and private representatives, and the general public.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
An employee in this position is expected to have graduated from an accredited college or University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance plus a CPA qualification. Five (5) years of progressively knowledgeable and responsible professional accounting, auditing or budget analysis experience, preferably for a private sector.
The position will attract a competitive salary package, which will include excellent benefits.
Applicants are invited to submit their Application Letters, Resume’s, Copies of Certificates and other credential certificates (indicating the position title in the subject) via e-mail to:
Human Resources and Administration Manager
Email to: HR@newl.co.tz, or By hand delivery at NEWL Offices
Deadline – 13th May 2016
Northern Engineering Works Limited has a strong commitment to health and safety .
Northern Engineering Works Limited offers equal employment opportunities to qualified men and women.
If you are not contacted by Northern Engineering Works Limited Twenty (20) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: competency assessment; physical capability assessment and reference checking.