The Coordinator will work under the direction of the WCR Scientific Director and will be responsible for the execution of the WCR East African On-Farm Demo-Trial (OFTD) and Nursery programs that will start in 2016. The OFDT will serve to demonstrate the use of efficient coffee production systems, tailored to each country. The WCR OFDT program will begin with 10-20 trials in each of 4 countries in 2016 but will grow to 60-100 for each country by 2018. The Coordinator will operate remotely while seeking offices at one of the WCR partner groups in the region.
- Familiar with coffee and the East African Coffee Sector and its players
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in coffee
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or higher
- Must be motivated and proactive, able to organize and operate independently, and on a team
- French, Swahili and English necessary
- Must be willing to travel in East Africa and other coffee producing countries
- Must be able to talk to and work with farmers and nursery owners and operators
- Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead WCR efforts to set up Regional OFDT program
- Together with WCR Scientific Director, develop 2016 Work Plan for the OFDT program
- Work with WCR Scientific Director and country teams to determine varieties and soil technologies for OFDT
- Responsible for the bidding process among nurseries for multiplication of varieties for the OFDT and distribution to coordinating entities (supply chain country coordinator) in each country.
- Responsible for ordering and distribution of soil treatments for OFDT to each country coordinator
- Work with WCR Scientific Director and Project Director to design OFTD monitoring protocols
- Monitor OFDT individual country programs 2-3 times per year
- Coordinate data collection and retrieval for WCR database unit
- Work closely with supply chain country coordinators to insure that OFDTs are being closely monitored by supply chain agronomists
- Train supply chain coordinators and agronomists on OFDT protocols and data collection system
- Promote both OFDT and Verification programs to donors, NGOs, cooperatives and nurseries.
- Work with WCR financial director to put into place system of invoicing and payment for inspections
- Represent WCR to donor organizations, roasting companies, and NGOs
Position start date is October 15, 2016.Please send letter of interest and CV in English to: Siaska Castro, Director of Finance and Administration, 578 John Kimbrough Boulevard, Suite 230, College Station, TX 77843-2477, email@example.com