The African Advanced Level Telecommunications Institute (AFRALTI)
The African Advanced Level Telecommunications Institute (AFRALTI) based in Nairobi, Kenya, is a leading Intergovernmental Organization and an ITU Centre of Excellence which is mandated with the provisioning of Information and Communication Technology Training, Research and Consultancy in English speaking Africa, invites applications to fill the following vacant post.
POSITION:Head, Technology Training
Purpose of the Job:
To satisfy ICT sector needs in Africa for human capital development by identifying and developing Information Technology training interventions.
· Technology Knowledge leadership (ability to provide strategic leadership of the technology Paining at Institute)
· Training leadership (needs assessment, curricula development, Paining delivery)
· Business Development (business analysis, Proposal formulation and presentation, deal closure)
· Customer Service (empathy, responsiveness, reassurance, reliable)
The person will;
· Develop and conduct Technology training programmes on current and emerging technologies.
· Develop and implement departmental Training plans
· Provide consultancy services to both the private and public institutions in the areas of ICT.
· Develop and implement client solutions
· Provide Research leadership within the Institute
· Provide advisory services to the market(Government, Public, Civic and Private sectors)
· Perform any other duties as directed by Management.
• Training intervention
• Research papers
• Project Reports
• Revenues for the Institute
Qualifications and Experience;
• Applicant must be a holder of a Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering, Technology or Computer Science field from a recognized University;
• Must be a Certified Professional with a reputable organization
• Must have at least five (5) years of industry field experience.
• An MSc in Engineering, Technology or Computer Science would be an added advantage.
• Teaching/Lecturing experience would be an advantage
• Must have demonstrable leadership(inter-personal, or knowledge)
• National of a member State of AFRALTI
Conditions of Service;
The position has tenure of 3 years renewable subject to satisfactory performance
A competitive remuneration package including a basic salary, house allowance, education allowance, medical subsidy, commensurate with the responsibilities of the post will be offered to the successful candidate.
If you believe you have the relevant qualifications, experience and_ aptitude to fill this post, please submit your application letter with a comprehensive CV, email and telephone contacts, one passport size photograph, current remuneration, three reputable referees and their contacts, two of whom must hold or have held senior management positions.
Applications should be sent to the address below:
The Director General,
Tanzania Communications Regulatory Authority Mawasiliano Towers,
20 Sam Nujoma Road
P.O. Box 474,
14414 Dares Salaam
So as to reach The deadline for receiving applications is 05-11-2016