HFH Kenya is a leading housing organization founded in 1982 whose mandate is to enable low income communities to access decent and affordable shelter. Through provision of affordable financial and technical services, HFHK brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
This is an exciting time to join HFH Kenya following its just completed strategic plan. This vacancy announcement is for the position of Senior Accountant to strengthen the team that takes HFHK work and actualization of the strategy to the next level.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Senior Accountant is in charge of maintaining internal controls, general ledger accounts and business transactions. He / she assists in the monitoring of HFH Kenya’s financial transactions to ensure that transactions are recorded on an accurate and timely basis, preparation and analysis of budget variances, preparation and distribution of HFH Kenya financial statements to stakeholders as prescribed from time to time. The job holder will also participate in the development of the annual budget, contribute to development of programme proposal budgets and supervise and ensure the integrity of the data entered into both the Sun system and Loan Tracking System.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Abilities
· University Degree in Commerce, Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
· Professional accounting qualification to Certified Public Accountant Kenya or ACCA
· At least 5 years and above of middle level working experience in a busy accounting environment in a NGO, microfinance institution or other financial services sector.
· Well-developed oral and written communication skills and financial analytical skills
· In-depth understanding and proficiency in the use of accounting systems, particularly SUN Systems.
· Ability to train and support finance and program staff in accounting matters.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you feel you meet the requirements of the position, send your application letter indicating the reference number and quoting your current and expected salary, title of position along with an updated CV and telephone contacts of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org to be received by 13thSeptember, 2016. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For a detailed job description, please visit our website: www.hfhkenya.org. HFH Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.