HFH Kenya is a leading housing organization founded in 1982 whose mandate is to enable low income communities to access decent and affordable shelter. Through provision of affordable financial and technical services, HFHK brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
This is an exciting time to join HFH Kenya following its just completed strategic plan. This vacancy announcement is for the position of Regional Coordinators to strengthen the team that takes HFHK work and actualization of the strategy to the next level.
Reporting to the Head of Programmes, the Regional Coordinator is responsible for oversight one of the geographic regions where HfH Kenya implements activities. He / she will ensure lead the Programme methodology and in alignment with HfH Kenya operational policies and practices, provide leadership in partnership, advocacy and community development at regional level and ensure that all lines of business and best practice are integrated at field level. The Regional Coordinator will prepare, in coordination with key Programme staff, strategic area work-plans with clear objectives and achievement benchmarks, long-term and short-term priorities, implementation plans, financial projections and tools for evaluation.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Abilities
· A Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Development Studies or a related field.
· Training in M&E, Project Planning and Management is an added advantage.
· At least 7 years’ experience in a similar role within an NGO setting.
· Experience in technical project implementation over a wide geographical coverage.
· Fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili is required.
· Financial management and analytical skills
· Negotiation and coordination skills.
· Computer skills in data management, analysis and reporting
· Willingness to travel among rural communities;
· Excellent interpersonal skills and good team spirit;
· Demonstrated ability to listen to and support programme staff and partners, and to work with communities in a sensitive and participatory manner
HOW TO APPLY:
If you feel you meet the requirements of the position, send your application letter indicating the reference number and quoting your current and expected salary, title of position along with an updated CV and telephone contacts of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org to be received by 13thSeptember, 2016. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For a detailed job description, please visit our website: www.hfhkenya.org. HFH Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.