The Board of Trustees, National Social Security Fund (NSSF) one of the largest public funds in Kenya wishes to fill the position of Managing Trustee.
As the Fund’s Managing Trustee, the holder will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the Fund under the direction of the Board of Trustees of the NSSF to achieve the Fund’s objectives as set out in the NSSF Act and the Strategic Plan. The Managing Trustee shall receive guidance and direction from the Board of Trustees.
This shall be done by formulating a clear strategy and setting agreed tasks and targets which shall be reviewed with the Board on a regular basis. The Managing Trustee will therefore, provide the leadership, motivation and guidance to ensure that staff are motivated and focused in achieving the targets agreed with the Board. More specifi cally, the job will involve among other responsibilities; the following:-
• Provide Corporate leadership and guidance to achieve the mandate of NSSF.
• Develop and recommend to the Board the long-term strategy, business plans, annual plans and annual operating budgets.
• Ensure that there is eff ective communication between the Management and the Board, between diff erent levels of Management as well as between the Fund, Government and the other Stakeholders.
• Ensure constant cost eff ective and effi cient improvements in the quality and value of services and products provided by the Fund.
• Ensure continuous achievement of the Fund’s fi nancial and operating goals and objectives, and oversee the implementation of the corporate policies and programs and cost eff ective management of resources.
• Maintain a conducive work environment to attract, retain and motivate employees, and foster a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices and good corporate citizenship.
• Implement the policy reform objectives of NSSF.
• First Degree in any of the following; insurance, law, accounting, actuarial science, economics, banking, fi nance or their equivalent
• Masters degree in a commercial, management or equivalent fi eld from a recognized University.
• Minimum ten (10) years experience which must have been in a senior management position in an organization of a similar size or complexity
• Proven leadership and entrepreneurial skills, change management and strategic planning expertise and good interpersonal and analytical skills.
• IT knowledge is essential.
• Experience in matters relating directly to pensions and administration of schemes such as provision of social
security, fund management or administration will be an added advantage.
• Must have attended and be certifi ed on a corporate governance course.
NB: Candidates interested in the above position are expected to fulfi l the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution
of Kenya. Specifi cally they must obtain and submit with their application copies of the following (Mandatory):-
• Tax compliance certifi cate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
• Clearance Certifi cate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
• Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
• Certifi cate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
• Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Send your application to the address below enclosing CVs with full details of education background, professional qualifications and attach copies of certifi cates, relevant testimonials, National Identity Card, a daytime telephone number and three (3) Referees.
Send your application by hand, courier, post or email. All applications must be clearly marked “Managing Trustee Position” on the envelope. The application should be addressed to:
Board of Trustees
National Social Security Fund
NSSF Building, Block A, 3rd Floor
P O Box 30599-00100
All applications must be received on or before 5pm on Wednesday, 28 September, 2016.
NSSF is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification; note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.