About RI: Relief International (RI) is a home to teams of humanitarian activist-professionals committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with beneficiaries and communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development.
Position Summary: Relief International is seeking an Intern to work with our Human Resources Department. The HR Intern will assist the HR Department with the recruitment process as well as handle administrative duties and responsibilities and special projects as needed.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
· Assist the HR Department with various aspects of recruiting
· Perform general administrative support functions for the HR Department
· Assist HR department in compiling a database of the best sites and platforms to recruit from and post positions to these sites
· File resumes and applicant information electronically
· Assist HR with special projects as needed.
· May assist in intern and volunteer recruitment, including filing and maintaining database of incoming applications
· Perform Word processing, proofing, editing, filing and other assistance with documents
· Screen telephone calls, take messages, redirect calls, and respond to inquiries regarding RI policies/procedures, as requested.
· Provide back-up support as needed to other departments
· Execution of special projects related to above areas on an as-requested basis
Qualifications & requirements:
· Exhibited interest in Human Resources
· Ability and willingness to handle above duties and responsibilities in HR Department
· Dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results and multi-task in a demanding and fast paced environment.
· General knowledge of world affairs international/intergovernmental institutions.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently, as well as part of a Team
· 15 hours minimum; M-F varied schedule
· Professional demeanor
· Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
· Computer proficiency: Adept in PC environment, especially with Google (Docs, calendaring, email, etc.), Adobe, Skype, etc.
· Ability to consistently follow through and take ownership of projects
· Assertive, detail oriented and energetic
· Ability to operate standard office equipment, such as copy machines, WebEx, conferencing equipment, etc.
· Proven exceptional written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent organization skills with the ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines
· Confidentiality, diplomacy and a high degree of professionalism is required.
· Energetic, results focused with superb execution and follow through, ability to self-direct, ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to interact with all levels of staff.
· Strong interpersonal and team skills; ability to build relationships and trust.
· Motivated self-starter who is not afraid to ask questions.
· Ability to act independently to identify and analyze problems and recommend solutions
· Demonstrated ability to follow instructions and carefully review work for accuracy
Relocation is not offered.
Salary: Unpaid, monthly transportation stipend and academic credit available
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence.
We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.