HFH Kenya is a leading housing organization founded in 1982 whose mandate is to enable low income communities to access decent and affordable shelter. Through provision of affordable financial and technical services, HFHK brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
This is an exciting time to join HFH Kenya following its just completed strategic plan. This vacancy announcement is for the position of Construction Specialist to strengthen the team that takes HFHK work and actualization of the strategy to the next level.
The Construction Specialist will support the Regional Coordinator in ensuring quality direct construction activities are well monitored, meet the required Quality Assurance and Quality Control specifications as envisaged in the construction workplans and in the documentation of construction progress reports. The job holder will work with partners and the Special Programs Development Officer. He / she inspects work in progress to ensure conformity with Quality Assurance / Quality control specifications and requirements, Industry Codes, Standards and Procedures, and provides technical advice to resolve problems. The Construction specialist leads and ensures all work groups are properly guided, in close cooperation with the Project Manager, in assembling and controlling the required resources (manpower, equipment, materials and tools required)to start and sustain the work efficiency and productivity until the completion of the project.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Abilities
· A bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering / Construction
· Preferably Licensed Engineer with minimum 5 years significant Industrial, commercial, residential construction experience, with at least 5 years as Construction / Site Manager.
· Practical experience in managing large construction projects.
· Understanding of other disciplines like Electrical, Mechanical, Piping, Instrumentation, Electronics & Communication from site activities point of view.
· Knowledge and understanding of best practice monitoring and evaluation systems and procedures
· Demonstrated ability to listen to and support programme staff and partners, and to work with communities in a sensitive and participatory manner.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you feel you meet the requirements of the position, send your application letter indicating the reference number and quoting your current and expected salary, title of position along with an updated CV and telephone contacts of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org to be received by 13thSeptember, 2016. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For a detailed job description, please visit our website: www.hfhkenya.org. HFH Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.