HFH Kenya is a leading housing organization founded in 1982 whose mandate is to enable low income communities to access decent and affordable shelter. Through provision of affordable financial and technical services, HFHK brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
This is an exciting time to join HFH Kenya following its just completed strategic plan. This vacancy announcement is for the position of Program Assistant to strengthen the team that takes HFHK work and actualization of the strategy to the next level.
Reporting to the Senior Program Support Officer, the Programme Assistant will support programmes in entering data to support tracking of activities, generate reports and provide additional support. He / She will serve as the focal point administrative coordination of programme/project implementation activities, involving extensive liaison with departmental units to initiate finance and administrative requests, process and follow-up on administrative actions within programmes. He / she will Participate in programme field visits as planned and agreed with the Senior Program Support Officer, support collection and entry of data from other ongoing activities, Support proposal development and generate required input from the programme database, backstop the programmes information management, including documentation, correspondence and follow-ups.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Abilities
· A bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Statistics.
· Post graduate training in Project Planning and Management is an added advantage
· At least 3 years’ experience as a Programme Assistant in donor funded Non-governmental organization.
· Past experience using statistical software, such as STATA, SPSS.
· Previous experience in capacity building and development in M&E for programmes.
· Past experience in writing project reports and M&E plans;
· Experience in developing and nurturing strategic partnerships.
· Demonstrated experience in volunteer management.
· Well-developed oral and written communication skills
· Financial analytical skills
· Computer skills in data management, analysis and reporting
· Good management and co-ordination skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and good team spirit;
· Results focused, drive change / foster Innovation, customer service orientation and develop others
HOW TO APPLY:
If you feel you meet the requirements of the position, send your application letter indicating the reference number and quoting your current and expected salary, title of position along with an updated CV and telephone contacts of three professional references to email@example.com to be received by 13thSeptember, 2016. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For a detailed job description, please visit our website: www.hfhkenya.org. HFH Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.