Reporting to the Managing Director, the job holder will drive and manage Risk, Compliance and Forensics functions in the Subsidiary in order to comply with self-regulation, regulatory guidelines and best practices of Risk & Compliance for successful implementation of risk programs and building of an ethical risk awareness culture within all staff.
- Champion risk management by ensuring that relevant risks are identified and managed as per group standards, regulatory requirements and by and best practices.
- Deploy risk management tools and systems and deploy them to users
- Ensure bank policies, processes are developed, understood for better risk management and mitigation
- Ensure the risk appetite of the bank is adequately set and reviewed as and when needed
- Champion business continuity management of the bank.
- Ensure bank resilience to shock through stress testing and risk mitigation mechanisms.
- Champion bank’s ethics and good business conduct.
- Champion bank’s compliance with AML & KYC requirements.
- Ensure financial crimes and otherwise are minimum through proactive forensics and that fraud risk is proactively managed.
- Ensure stakeholders in risk management are updated for risk matters for relevant risk treatment
In order to be considered for the position, all applicants should have;
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business Studies or related field for a recognised university
- Professional qualification in CPA/ACCA/FRA, CIMA/CISA are essential.
- Master’s Degree in Risk Management, Forensics, Operations are an added advantage
- At least 8 years ‘working experience, which should include:
- 3 years’ experience in general banking
- 5 years’ experience in risk management
- 2 years in audit will be an added advantage
- 5 years’ experience in team leadership and management
- Planning and Organizing skills
- Project Management Skills
- The role requires a mature individual who will be able to interact with the board.
The above position is demanding for which the bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidates. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level e-mail and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to email@example.com
To be considered your application must be received by April 15, 2016.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
JOB REF: KCBSSRISK 01/2016