Reporting to the Managing Director and Board Audit Committee, the Head of Internal Audit is responsible for all elements of the internal audit department. The Job holder also works closely with the Executive Committee Members to ensure proper and adequate controls are in place within the Bank.
- Responsible for oversight of Internal Audit department – including strategy, execution, recruiting and mentoring
- Develop annual audit plan and identify priorities and resource requirements for the year. Apply a risk- based audit approach in the execution of audit plans and programs.
- Review work of managers and staff and ultimately sign off on all work performed by the team.
- Perform tests of controls on selected control cycles and systems.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the control and governance processes as well as the reliability of reporting information and ensure that policies and standards are adhered to in the Subsidiary.
- Facilitate interaction with external audit team
- Monitor and test, governance, risk management, and compliance, conduct special reviews to prevent and detect fraud; work closely with Risk and Compliance Department
- Oversee the execution of other tasks or special projects when required by management, such as due diligence reviews, fraud investigation, project/product review etc.
- Lead the annual fraud risk assessment and develop a risk appropriate internal audit plan
- Present findings and recommendations to Audit Committee and actively monitor audit related remediation and management action plans
In order to be considered for the position, all applicants should have;
- University degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field from a recognized university.
- Professional qualifications in ACCA/CPA/CISA is required.
- Masters degree, either an MBA or MSC in finance will be an added advantage.
- At least 8 years of audit experience with a significant background in directing audits for a large financial services company
- At least 5 years general banking experience
- At least 5 years Risk Management experience
- At least 5 years in team management
- Can work under pressure and for long hours;
- Willing to learn and highly adaptable to changes.
- The role requires a mature individual who will be able to interact with the board
The above position is demanding for which the bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidates. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level e-mail and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to email@example.com
To be considered your application must be received by April 15, 2016.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
JOB REF: KCBSSAUD 01/2016