Reporting to the Group Chief Executive Officer, this position is a member of the KCB Group EXCO and is directly accountable for the general management and oversight of KCB Group’s subsidiaries (specifically KCB Bank Burundi, KCB Bank Rwanda, KCB Bank Tanzania, KCB Bank South Sudan, KCB Bank Uganda, KCB Ethiopia Representative Office and KCB Insurance Agency) to deliver and increase profitability, business and market share growth, product penetration, sustained business and banking operations and exemplary customer experience.
- Execute governance and approval mandates as a member of the KCB Group EXCO.
- Lead and direct Senior Management and Business Teams of relevant KCB Group’s Subsidiaries
- In conjunction with the KCB Group EXCO, formulate Business Plans and Strategies for relevant KCB Group and its subsidiaries.
- Deliver profitability, business and market share growth strategies of assigned KCB Group’s subsidiaries in accordance with short, medium and long term budgetary targets and plans.
- Continually review business strategies and plans in response to changing operating environment and emanating business challenges while retaining focus to overall business strategies.
- Champion and propagate the KCB brand platform internally and externally across the relevant KCB Group subsidiaries (purpose, vision, mission, values, behaviors and promise).
- Manage and maintain a robust monitoring, controls, business continuity, governance and risk management environment for the KCB Group subsidiaries.
- Maintain proactive oversight in ensuring adherence to external and internal statutory and regulatory standards, risk and compliance management.
- Provide, manage and maintain comprehensive business status reporting with robust key performance / risk indicators and tracking thereof.
- Manage and maintain relationships with key/strategic stakeholders: KCB Boards of Directors, KCB Group EXCO, managing directors, divisional directors, statutory and regulatory authorities, government and quasi-government bodies, key customers and service providers.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University Degree in Business related field. Post graduate and or Banking qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in retail and corporate banking, treasury and commercial banking operations, customer service, governance and controls with at least 8 years’ in senior to top management position.
- Track record of attaining targets of business growth and profitability in the financial services and banking sector.
- Have appreciation and operating knowledge of the regional banking industry (especially operating dynamics of East Africa), market and global trends as well as challenges
- Demonstrable cross-cultural, people and relationship management skills, team motivation and leadership competence.
- Sound understanding of statutory and regulatory requirements of corporate governance, business and banking operations of East Africa.
- Demonstrable ability to adapt and operate in a matrix management and reporting environment.
If you meet the requirements and wish to consider this career opportunity please respond to KCBGBD@careerconnectionsltd.com
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
JOB REF: KCBGBD001/2016