Application deadline: 25th April, 2016
Reports To: Data & Information Management Team Lead
- The migration of the maintenance of data objects across our business processes to SSC will ensure focus on data management, drive data consistency and integration across our business.
- An integrated data management system and process will ensure that sources of data are identified, captured, maintained & monitored; and conversion of data to information that will allow the making of strategic decisions
- The data management team will meet the business requirements for data maintenance ensuring that data related issues do not impact the business ability to plan, buy, manufacture, trade and report..
- Extensive interaction with the following people or teams:
Other SSC Teams
Wider Diageo Global Diageo Business Services Teams
Africa Markets Teams
- Marketing & Innovations
- Customer Service
- A great business partner, who champions good data management processes and its impact on process effectiveness within SSC at the leadership level and below.
- Will be expected to interact with and influence department managers, data owners and system users.
- Liaison with BPO and SSC to ensure best data practices are consistently applied and the highest quality data maintained and availed for use across all Africa markets
- Close working synergies with Business Support Network team network in SSC to ensure SAP stability
- Must be able to manage remotely the Manila and Market relationships for data and build great bonds within the Global Diageo Business Services team
- As a member of the Global Diageo Business Services SSC team, must develop close working relationships with the Data Stakeholder group across the business, the Global Stream specific Data Managers to define the strategic direction for all business data issues.
Controls & Compliance
Liaison with market teams, members of the entire Global Diageo Business Services , other SSC, BPO and other key stakeholders to ensure data maintenance processes and the data introduced in enterprise conforms to SSC and Diageo standards.
- The role entails responsibility to step change, standardization and process harmonization of Data Management across all Africa markets.
- Key liaison with the Global Data Governance team to ensure appropriate data design, data dictionaries and data compliance
- Ensure and champion adherence to CARM controls at all times ensuring all data processes are controlled and protect Diageo business Assets.
- Oversight of Data training and education across the Africa markets - Working across the business to communicate the principles and policies that will deliver data integrity and accuracy as well as communicating the process for creation and maintenance of data definitions and data structures.
Efficiency, integrity and reliability
Methodical and a high sense of urgency
Excellent communication skills
Resilience and ability to work under pressure
Ability to negotiate, persuade and influence at all levels
Must be a good team player with focus on customer service.
Uses resources appropriately, establishes work priorities and manages work to completion
High IT competency with SAP experience
Balances immediate and & long-term priorities
Drives process improvement and controls
Ability to build, retain and leverage on strong networks
Good working knowledge of business processes and an appreciation of SSC Service delivery.
Tenacity in driving processes to high sustainable performance level.
Demonstration of ability to manage people.
Ability to balance interaction across all business levels
Cross –cultural awareness and sensitivity
Data Manager-Vendor & Reporting