Application deadline: 22nd April, 2016
This role reports to the: Head of GAR, East Africa
In support of Diageo’s goals, Global Audit & Risk (GAR) has a number of priorities:
- Providing uncompromised independent assurance and business insights to the Diageo Executive and Audit Committee on the control and compliance environment across Diageo
- Ensuring Diageo has an effective approach to risk management and partnering with the business to identify and navigate risks
- Working with the business to embed governance and control standards in the fabric of Diageo. Developing talent by making the most of the global reach of the function and providing the best opportunity to develop both leadership and functional skills
Market Complexity: GAR is based in a number of locations (London, Norwalk, Budapest, Miami, Lagos, Nairobi and Shanghai) and is responsible for providing a global service to all of Diageo’s business units, across both Supply and Demand sides of the business, and with joint ventures, distributors and third party partners. This role will be based in Nairobi. Significant travel will be required to fulfill the role requirements (70%) . All team members will also be expected to participate in assignments across other functions and markets within Diageo.
Top Accountabilities Lead and take part in audits across Diageo and ensure that own and team’s audit work is of excellent quality, following GAR’s methodology and that all reports are accurate, clearly written and issued on time. Engage appropriately with stakeholders on audits so that they believe audit findings and ratings are fair and they are fully committed to implementing agreed actions. Be a primary GAR business partner for Diageo in East Africa. This includes providing support to embedding strong governance and control standards in the business, while maintaining appropriate independence. In this capacity, ensure deep understanding of business priorities, processes and key risks, provide valuable insights to the business, advice on risk management activities, support local Risk Management Committees and hold management to account for implementation of audit findings. Undertake other work as agreed in support of the GAR global agenda
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum 8 years’ experience, including in a multinational (ideally multicultural/multilingual) corporate environment, with exposure to some of the following areas:
- Internal / external audit with detailed understanding of potential risks and controls
- Risk management
- Compliance or SOX experience (including CARM programme within Diageo or other similar programmes outside of Diageo)
- Process improvement
- Project management
- Business consulting
- Knowledge of business environment in Africa
3.Relationship management and business partnering skills – proven experience of quickly building, developing and sustaining relationships with wide number stakeholders, including the ability to influence strategic decisions across the business.
4.Previous experience in leading teams.
5.Project management skills with experience of managing and delivering different priorities.
6.Proven ability to move between ‘big picture’ and detail.
7.Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally (written and verbal).
8.Positively motivated to make a difference within and outside of own area.
Head of GAR ,East Africa