Vacancy Title: Multiple Vacancies
Application Deadline: February 5, 2012
Job Description Chemonics International seeks the following positions for the USAID-funded Human and Institutional Capacity Development (HICD) project in Rwanda. The project’s overall objective is to strengthen institutional and human capacity within Government of Rwanda institutions and civil society organisations. The project will work with government institutions and civil society organizations to increase performance, foster sustainability, and improve development outcomes in Rwanda. English fluency is required. French proficiency is preferred.
Deputy Chief of Party
• Masters degree in a relevant field International Relations, Education or related area
• A minimum eight years experience in applying organizational development methods and theories in government or other institutions, including relevant experience in a developing country
• CPT designated or HPI certified or, alternatively, a strong background in relevant organizational development theory and practice in a developing country
• Demonstrated record of developing and implementing innovative approaches to solve a range of complex organizational issues and fostering buy-in at all levels
• Extensive experience in working effectively with a wide range of people, from ministries to secretaries
• Highly developed political acumen and ability to navigate through complex political situations
• Strong and nuanced awareness of Rwandan history and culture
• Ability to speak read and write Kinyarwanda and/or French with proficiency in English highly desired
• Demonstrated knowledge of USAID systems, rules, regulations, and reporting requirements.
Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
• Advanced degree in political science, public administration or other relevant degree
• Minimum 5 years professional experience working with government, CSOs, and private sector in developing and implementing performance monitoring and evaluation tools and strategies.
• Demonstrated experience with USAID M&E activities, developing performance management plans, project indicators, and planning and leading evaluations for complex projects.
• Demonstrated familiarity with and understanding of impact evaluation and participatory monitoring and evaluation techniques and developing monitoring both output and outcome indicators
• Oral and written fluency in English and either Kinyarwanda and/or French
• Able to effectively use statistical analysis software including STATA and SPSS
Financial and Administration Specialist
• Advanced degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or a related field.
• Minimum eight years accounting experience on complex international donor development projects or equivalent combination experience and education
• Demonstrated knowledge and skills in accounting, financial management and procurement.
• Demonstrated knowledge and extensive experience with USAID regulations and control systems
• Experience overseeing financial activities, human resources, knowledge in subcontracting, and sub recipient procedures and project management including procurement, budget development, accounting, and grants management as it pertains to the overarching project
• Proven experience working in a team environment with program and technical staff on a multi-site project.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills in English; knowledge of Kinyarwanda and/or French preferred
• Proficiency in relevant computer applications and databases
• Bachelors Degree in Communications or a related field. Masters degree preferred.
• Minimum 5 years communications experience preferably working with government, CSOs, international development organizations, and the private sector in developing appropriate communication tools and strategies. Experience in building and maintaining client relationships.
• Ability to translate information, develop insights, and work alongside clients.
• Experience with USAID communications plans and branding requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. Masters degree preferred.
• Minimum 5 years of professional experience in training assessment and design.
• Experience implementing Participant Training and/or Human and Institutional Capacity Development (HICD) services on international donor funded projects preferred.
• Experience managing logistics for trainings, including study tours
To apply submit a CV and cover using this website. Please indicate the position for which you are applying in the subject area. Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and finalists will be contacted.