|Job Description:|| About Global Health Corps |
Global Health Corps (GHC) aims to mobilize a global community of emerging leaders to build a movement for health equity. GHC provides opportunities for young professionals to work on the frontlines of the fight for global health equity in year-long fellowships. This year, we will place 90 additional fellows with 41 excellent organizations around the world.
In addition to their core work responsibilities, fellows:
• Attend a 2-week training and orientation in the United States, followed by a regional mid-year retreat and exit meeting in East Africa
• Are provided regular opportunities for professional development and networking
• Engage regularly with a community of other young leaders through meettngs and online platforms focused on best-practice sharing and support
Ugandan citizens are eligible for 9 fellowships in
Uganda and for 9 fellowships in the United States. In Uganda
• Action Africa Health International, Health Officers, Kyangwali IDP camp, Hoima.
• Action for Community Development,Documentation and communications fellow/ Fundraising and partnerships fellow
• Clinton Health Access Initiative, Access to medicines Analysts, Kampala.
• Infectious Diseases Institute, Distance learning offiers, Kampala.
• infectious Diseases Institute, Monitoring and Evaluation offi cers, Kampala.
• Mpoma Community HIV/AIDS Initiative, Food security fellow, Lukojjo, Mukono.
• Mifumi project, Program Manager Community Health services, Kampala.
• Millenium Villages Project, Health systems quality imptovement Coordinator, Ruhiira Mbarara.
• The Action Group for Health, Human Rights and HIV/AIDS, Fund raising officer/M&E officer, Kampala
• United States Agency for International Development, Policy Support Officers, Kampala. In the United States
• Covenant House, Health Counselor, Newark, NJ
• Helping Individual Prostitutes Survive, Education Specialist, Washington DC
• IDB, Social Protection and Health Fellow, Washington DC
• Newark Now, Research Fellow / Implementation Fellow, Newark, NJ
• Public Health Solutions, Nutrition and Small Business Engagement Fellow, New York, NY
• PACT, Communications & Business Development Offi cer / Implementation Officer, Boston, MA
• Mayor of Newark’s Office, Health Policy Fellow, Newark, NJ
• Single Stop, Policy Assistant / Program Assistant, New York, NY
• Tiyatien Health, Development & Advocacy Coordinator, Boston, MA
|Preferred Skills:|| Minimum Requirements|
• All applicants must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree, be proficient in spoken and written English, and be under 30 years old.
• Each specific fellowship has further requirements, which can be found online. Full job descriptions for each of the above fellowships are available at http://ghcorps.org/apply
• Applications must be received by February 17 2012. Only applicants being considered will receive responses.
For More Information
For more information, please attend a special presentation on Global Health Corps to be held on 1/2/2012 at IHK at 2pm. All students are encouraged to contact their Dean Of Student’s office at their respective University for more details about Information Sessions. Please be on time as the presentation will begin promptly at the stated time.
Contact Brenda for more information