Contract type: 3 year fixed term contract (extendable)
Salary: ZAR365,571 - ZAR512,145 gross per annum, plus benefits
Closing date: 3 February 2012
This position is only open to applicants who are either citizens of the Republic of South Africa or who have the right to live and work in South Africa.
· Manages a team and resources to achieve defined areas of responsibility
· Controls day-to-day financial activity
· Contributes to targets and strategies within the programme and possibly within the Region; influences policies.
· Interprets financial information; provides advice to Programme Coordinators, Partners and Country Director
· Interprets and analyses reports for their area and for others, prepares professional financial management reports for use in Unit, Region and organisation-wide.
· Manages and/or provides support to grants management.
· Produces reviewed procedures.
· Guides Programme Managers to adopt procedures.
· Contributes to the general management of the Country Programme
Programme Financial Management
· Manages all aspects of organisational business finance procedures in accordance with corporate and regional standards and compliance requirements, to include:
Ø Producing complete, accurate and up to date accounting records for all costs.
Ø Payment authorisation procedures.
Ø Adequate financial controls, including bank reconciliation, monitoring variances, managing floats, staff debtors etc.
· Provides timely, high quality consolidated monthly accounts and financial returns, including:
Ø Monthly budget variance reports with analysis and explanation for variances from YTD budget.
Ø Monthly financial forecasts, including cash flow forecast.
· Provides regular management information on the financial status of country programme business operations; including cost analysis of major spend items/areas to ensure cost effectiveness.
Team Management and Support
· Is an effective member of the South Africa Programme Senior Management Team, sharing team responsibility for the management of Oxfam GB's South Africa Programme activities.
· Contributes to the development and implementation of programme and organisational strategy.
· Develops a customer service attitude within the team, and a focus on integrated teamwork with all other organisational teams.
· Upholds Oxfam's principles of gender and diversity in the workplace.
Donor Fund Management
· Supports Programme staff in relevant funding activities including the development of donor proposals, budget submissions and other necessary activities to secure funding for programme objectives.
· Assists in developing and managing donor relationships and participates in donor meetings and visits as appropriate
· Liaises with the Programme Team in the development and submission of donor proposals.
· Develops and maintains an effective partner grants and reports monitoring system.
· Quality checks and reviews Partner Financial reports and ensure compliance with Partner agreements and/or Donor requirements.
Skills and Competence
· Holds a recognised Professional Accounting Qualification.
· Has least 5 year' s experience in providing a full range of financial services to an organisation, ideally with at least 2 years in the NGO or public sector .
· Very good Computer skills preferably Microsoft Office Suite.
· Proven experience working on computerised accounting package(s) preferably People Soft.
· Ability to delegate, coach and develop others.
· Ability to manage competing tasks and prioritise
· Proven experience in Donor fund management.
· Very strong written and spoken English with ability to engage across all organisational levels.
· Strong analytic and thinking skills.
· Knowledge of Oxfam processing and reporting systems and tools would be an advantage.
· Demonstrate financial reporting abilities and skills.
Applying for a job? Here is a guide to help you make the most out of the application process.
Vous postulez à un emploi? Voici un guide pour vous aider à profiter du processus d'application.
Quer candidatar-se a um emprego? Aqui está um guiaque para o ajudar a simplificar o processo de candidatura.
Estas buscando un un trabajo? Aqui puedes encontrar una guia que te ayude a simplificar el proceso de solicitud!
|MORE INFO... |
|Finance Manager- Jan 2012.docx|
|Click here to apply for this job|
Home » Unlabelled » Finance Manager Location: Johannesburg, South Africa