• A Master’s degree in Public health, and related field is required;
• Minimum of 3 years and experience in international development.
• Experience in Managing multiple budget and agreement preferred.
• Previous experience in working in microenterprise
• Demonstrated capacity to successfully
• Manage program teams in a developing country context.
• Regional work experience in prior project management experience on USAID funded projects highly desired.
• Strong oral and writing skills in oral and written capacity in English.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
• Reporting directly to the COP and working closely with the Haiti Country Director will assist with the review of strategic and technical direction.
• Ensure successful implementation of programs by supporting the COP through the overall leadership, management, education and technical expertise in implementing a high-quality, results-oriented program to achieve the goals and objectives.
• Assist with the overall management of project implementation, including financial management assistance, guidance in the development of work plans and strategies, input into program monitoring and evaluation, assistance in ensuring compliance with all USAID rules and regulations, and staff supervision and development.
• Coordinate the writing and compilation of reports, and human interest/impact stories.
• Work closely with the COP to maintain active communication with the USAID Mission regarding strategies, challenges, performance plans, and indicators for success.
• Ensure timely and high quality products as required by the work plan and deliverables expected by USAID.
• Ensure the timely implementation of all program activities, and work closely with the Program Officer and other technical staff to provide technical guidance and support to the program.
• Assist the COP in coordination and execution of deliverables to USAID under this project, and support coordination efforts with local partners, PADF HQ, government offices and others.
• If appropriate, directly supervise CRS staff as agreed with the COP. Work with and support field staff in the review of activities. Monitor performance as well as donor and beneficiary satisfaction through field visits, or assessment by other means.
• Assist staff in ensuring compliance with USAID regulations.
• Assist COP with operational matters, as needed, including financial oversight, analyze budgets, and provide recommendations to COP and country director on budget expenditures.
• Other duties as assigned.
Interested Candidates should send their applications letter, enclosing their CVs, copies of certificates, testimonial and names of three referees to the email link above or to the address below, please ensure when you write the position title in the subject line as “Vacancy: Deputy Chief of Party Site management (DCOP-SM) – LEAD Project”
Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Human Resource Manager
P.O Box 34701,
Dar es Salaam.