The objective of this position is to provide the CDC Tanzania technical assistance and support for facilitation and implementation of various prevention assessments, basic program evaluations, studies and Public Health Evaluations (PHEs).
Under this task order, the contractor will independently provide all labor, supplies, material and equipment (exceptions noted below) in support of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and partners in accordance with this Statement of Work by providing the services below in support of Global Health Initiative and PEPFAR projects.
- The Contractor will provide mentorship and support to strengthen efforts to build the capacity of CDC Tanzania staff on public health evaluation activities.
- Engage in design and coordination of facility-based community-based evaluations and surveillance activities;
- Incorporate tools for large-scale and group-specific surveillance systems;
- Provide recommendations to strengthen the ongoing monitoring and evaluation of data collection activities;
- Provide technical guidance, analysis, design, and finalization on the evaluation components in cooperation with the implementing partner;
- Collaborate with implementing partners to incorporate monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and surveillance recommendations;
- Provide comments and recommendations for evaluation design;
- Communicate regularly with relevant partners donors via phone, email, in-person meetings and/or presentations;
- Incorporate feedback and guidance by partners;
- Monitor, coordinate and collaborate with Global Health Initiative and President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) projects;
- Creating, finalizing and distributing final products to the stakeholders; Provide coordination between CDC-Tanzania and government partners;
- Monitor work done by staff and project partners and report updates to Associate Director for Program Services and Chief, Health Systems Solutions;
- Manage project schedules and implement timelines;
- Serve as focal person for surveillance and evaluation questions or concerns with stakeholders including physical time spent in the field and for dissemination activities
- Advise on and coordinate data quality reviews among partners
- Advise the Government of Tanzania (GOT) Ministries on management and tracking platforms for data quality assurance
- Work closely with data quality technical staff, applications development, and the data owners/subject matter experts from the businesses.
- Utilize data profiling and data quality tools, as well as with various data sources to uncover and determine root causes of data quality issues.
- Articulate the need for and benefits of data quality will be critical.
- Collaborate directly with the business data owners to establish the quality business rules that will provide the foundation of the organization’s data quality improvement plan.
- Establish a data quality methodology documenting a repeatable set of processes for determining, investigating and resolving data quality issues, establishing an on-going process for maintaining quality data, and defining data quality audit procedures.
- Execute data standardization and validation tools including setup and scheduling periodic updates.
- Contractor will be expected to travel 30% of their time in Tanzania providing Technical Assistance to various sites.
Write and submit quarterly narratives to CDC-Foundation.
Due bi-weekly, written and oral reports on status of activities to the Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) Chief.
• Provide written work plan for each evaluation highlighting significant milestones every month to the HSS Chief.
• Provide bi-weekly oral reports to senior leadership.
• Mentor and build the capacity of program staff to develop at least two publications and 4 conference abstracts quarterly.
Report on maternal child health development activities and other specific priority implementation science activities weekly to the HSS Chief.
- Graduation from an accredited university with a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Statistics or closely related field of study
- At least three years of experience in an international setting with progressive responsibility in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Demonstrated experience in Monitoring and Evaluation, Surveillance, Surveys and Operational Research
- At least three years of experience working with PEPFAR programs is desirable.
- Level IV English proficiency required
- Willingness and ability to effectively communicate in English (Speaking, Writing, and Reading) on a daily basis with various groups. Level I Kiswahili proficiency (preferred)
How to apply:
Please submit your CV to email@example.com