HFH Kenya is a leading housing organization founded in 1982 whose mandate is to enable low income communities to access decent and affordable shelter. Through provision of affordable financial and technical services, HFHK brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
This is an exciting time to join HFH Kenya following its just completed strategic plan. This vacancy announcement is for the position of Senior Programme Support Officer to strengthen the team that takes HFHK work and actualization of the strategy to the next level.
Reporting to the Head of Programmes, the Senior Programme Support Officer is responsible for supporting the programmes implementation process in the field and ensuring that the Programmes have the capacity to succeed in their partnership with Habitat for Humanity Kenya in implementing existing programs specifically in terms of group dynamics, building, community facilitation, capacity building, and lending and loan portfolio management. He/she will provide technical support and contribute towards programme design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programmes Support programme implementation in budget monitoring, reporting, monitoring, evaluation and learning, support proposal development process, volunteer management, provide essential administrative, financial and operational, programmatic and communications support. Monitor programme progress, design of tools and methodologies for delivery of Capacity development activities, and produce donor reports.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Abilities
· A first degree in Community / Programme development, Economics, Business or related field.
· A post graduate qualification in program/project design, development and management will be an added advantage
· At least 5 years’ programme/project management experience. .
· Relevant experience in community development, private sector development (microfinance institutions).
· Experience in developing, implementing and managing innovative Housing programs.
· Experience providing technical support and advisory services.
· Experience in developing and nurturing strategic partnerships.
· Experienced participant monitoring, budgeting and maintaining client relationships in a complex, deadline-oriented environment preferred.
· Well-developed oral and written communication skills and financial analytical skills
· Monitoring and Evaluation skills
· Strong analytical, research and report writing skills as well as excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
· Demonstrated ability to listen to and support programme staff and partners, and to work with communities in a sensitive and participatory manner
HOW TO APPLY:
If you feel you meet the requirements of the position, send your application letter indicating the reference number and quoting your current and expected salary, title of position along with an updated CV and telephone contacts of three professional references to email@example.com to be received by 13thSeptember, 2016. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For a detailed job description, please visit our website: www.hfhkenya.org. HFH Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.